Installing ARK onto 3.63

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by sj33, Jan 24, 2017.

1. sj33
    OP

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Sorry if this has been explained but I'm finding it difficult to find a guide for this. I've asked this in another thread but haven't had much luck.

I want to install ARK to my brother's Vita which is already on 3.63. Obviously the savedata can be copied using CMA but copying the pboot is harder. I assumed I could backup the exploit game and insert the file, but they copy as .psvimg files so this is a no-go.

I do have my own 3.60 Vita that can be used for this, but I cannot seem to be able to move the memory card from one Vita to the another without being prompted to format.

Any ideas?

2. Daggot

Daggot GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    My vitas share an account so it was easier. I put my 3.63 vitas memory card into my 3.60 vita tv and created the ARK bubble. Then I used the memcardswap vpk with the semi permanent option to make the fw tables on my memory card read only preventing the 3.63 vita from checking the fw table and trying to format if they're on the same account but separated by firmware versions. It's a bit tedious but it works. I'm playing Gladiator: Begins and Fate/Extra on a updated kiosk vita right now

3. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    If both are on the same psn account. Make the bubbles on your 3.60 vita and back them up with qcma then just use qcma to transfer them to the 3.63 vita

4. pauloedsonjk

pauloedsonjk GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2016
    Brazil
    If you use different account be careful with your vita activated, because if change account you will lost activation, then backup your act.dat or have one ps3 for activate.

Enviado de meu ASUS_T00J usando Tapatalk

5. sj33
    OP

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    That throws a spanner in the works. This might be impossible, then.

6. pauloedsonjk

Oct 15, 2016
    Brazil
    Possible and easy.

7. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    memcardswap and vita-idu can be used to swap a memory card between two consoles that are registered to different accounts.

Put the 3.60 one into IDU mode and disable wifi. Then take the memory card from the 3.63 console and put it in the 3.60 console. Place the PBOOT.PBP in the PSP game's folder and delete id.dat from ux0: before putting the memory card back in the 3.63 console.

8. pauloedsonjk

Oct 15, 2016
    Brazil
    I thought this too.
    But should not work because if delete id.dat with vita 3.60, when in put vita 3.63 it will rebuild data base, and pboot (alone) can be deleted.
    But idea is very good, you can to try, don't forget folder ark in save data.
    If not work try with white id.dat read only.

Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited by pauloedsonjk, Jan 26, 2017
  9. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    He doesn't have to delete id.dat then, he can just back it up and restore it afterwards.

10. pauloedsonjk

Oct 15, 2016
    Brazil
    Nope, Because the system doesn't allow to use a memory card with id.dat(other user).[​IMG]

He can to try homebrew "memory card swap", option "read only."

Last edited by pauloedsonjk, Jan 27, 2017
  11. pauloedsonjk

Oct 15, 2016
    Brazil
    Vpkmirror.com[​IMG]