Hacking Installers in the UK

groggy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you got unpatched unit you can do it own your own don't need service, waste of money.
Mate I'm terrified of bricking it. I'm terrible at following instructions.
I would rather pay someone a few quid for their time and help and get the job done properly.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would rather pay someone a few quid for their time and help and get the job done properly.
The chances of bricking are very low, to "hack" an unpatched unit, all you need is a microSD, a jig (or some method to bridge pin in the right joycon rail) and a usb type c. Once you have all that, it's literally just putting files on your sd

Here's a guide I use
https://switch.hacked.us/user_guide/getting_started/
Also, if you have someone else do it for you, how are you gonna update it when you want to, how are you gonna fix things if something goes wrong, etc. These are things you need to learn if your gonna have a modded console

Reactions: groggy

groggy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this is copied of a facebook market place sale:

Details​

• Condition
    Used – like new
Every single switch game out currently, just put the SD card into the switch while it’s turned off, boot it up and your games screen selection will appear

is it actually a thing or is it some scam?

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Details​

• Condition
    Used – like new
Every single switch game out currently, just put the SD card into the switch while it’s turned off, boot it up and your games screen selection will appear

If they've installed the chip and they are providing the SD card then it could be valid.

Why don't you ask them what chip is installed? What CFW it's running? How the games are added and updated?

They should be able to answer all of these simple questions easily.

groggy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If they've installed the chip and they are providing the SD card then it could be valid.

Why don't you ask them what chip is installed? What CFW it's running? How the games are added and updated?

They should be able to answer all of these simple questions easily.
the problem is they are not answering my questions .
i was wondering if its actually possible as surely the sd card would have to be massive?
he doesnt state it needs to be chipped (as mine isnt)

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the problem is they are not answering my questions .
i was wondering if its actually possible as surely the sd card would have to be massive?
he doesnt state it needs to be chipped (as mine isnt)
So, it's an earlier unit if it doesn't need the chip and is done by the payload injection?

The SD card would be large, yeah. By every game, I'm assuming they mean the popular ones.

If yours doesn't need the chip, why are you looking to buy one? If you can just inject a payload then you just need a jig and a few files and you're good to go.

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Details​

• Condition
    Used – like new

SCAM, just put the SD card into the switch while it’s turned off, boot it up and your games screen selection will appear
First off, thats not how it works. You would still need to activate RCM in order to boot.
Secondly you need something to activate the hack (push the payload)
I dont know how it works with a modchip.
If he states every "single" game thats out currently it means every single game.

For me too many red flags.

Reactions: groggy

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
SCAM, just put the SD card into the switch while it’s turned off, boot it up and your games screen selection will appear
First off, thats not how it works. You would still need to activate RCM in order to boot.
If he states every "single" game thats out currently it means every single game.

It is nothing like that on modchip unities. You just turn on with an SD card and you are on CFW.

The ad still is a scam tho. You still do need to install the game after downloading just like on soft-modded ones.

For the guy is purchasing a modded switch, I suggest to he to get a HWFly unity (best option), if too expansive or unavalible, go with soft-modded (very good option), if too expansive or unavailable, then try SXOS chip (good enough option). Do the search in this order.

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

groggy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

He just sent this:
Yeah mate £40 for the modded chip
600+ games
Online features disabled
New plug and play firmware
NO MODDED SWITCH NEEDED
Swap between this SD card and the original to keep online features as the cracked card blocks online

groggy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, it's an earlier unit if it doesn't need the chip and is done by the payload injection?

The SD card would be large, yeah. By every game, I'm assuming they mean the popular ones.

If yours doesn't need the chip, why are you looking to buy one? If you can just inject a payload then you just need a jig and a few files and you're good to go.
Mate I'm not looking to buy a chip....I was after paying someone to put atmosphere/tinfoil on it for me as I am terrible at following instructions 😕

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mate I'm not looking to buy a chip....I was after paying someone to put atmosphere/tinfoil on it for me as I am terrible at following instructions 😕
If you cannot follow instructions, how do you expect to do anything on your console? Everything isn't going to be automated for you and there are some things you have to do yourself.

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you should not pay because even if you get it setup it'll need updating every time a firmware update comes out anyway, you gonna pay out every month to send away your sd card so some idiot can put files on there?

goldberg

Trophies
XP
Country
im looking for someone who mod chips the switch preferably west midlands area UK and also need advice of what console model to get
many thanks

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just a friendly reminder. Nintendo have sent C&D to people that installed modchip before. If you pick up one of these people, you seriously do it at your own risk.

hakz

Trophies
XP
Country
it's a shame i cant find anyone in uk, just bought a switch lite for cheap. it's proving more difficult than i thought

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."