Installed HBC and Bootmii, what next...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hasan291, Aug 6, 2013.

1. hasan291
    OP

hasan291 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2013
    Hi
    I just installed HBC and bootmii using letterbomb on my 4.3E wii, quite easy.
    Now what do i do next to run backup loaders like neogamma and usb loader gx, thats all i need
    I have read alot about cios and d2x and trucha bug, and all the guides are old because the wii scene is old now i know:glare:
    So do I need to restore trucha bug or is it not needed when using d2x cios installer
    Thanks

2. HunterZ

HunterZ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2011
    United States
    Check out Hackmii Installer: http://bootmii.org/download/

It can help you install all the cios stuff (d2x, hermes, etc.), plus USB loaders etc.

3. hasan291
    OP

hasan291 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2013
    Thanks
    Do I need to install IOS36 to restore the trucha bug, or can I just go straight to installing cIOS d2x installer to install cIOS249 base 56 and cIOS250 base 57...

4. HunterZ

HunterZ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2011
    United States
    The easiest thing to do would be to just tell Hackmii that you want to re-do your softmod from scratch. It will then build you a full pack of ios/cios WADs to put on an SD card and then bulk install via MMM/YAMM. It will also generate a file with installation instructions.

5. hasan291
    OP

hasan291 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2013
    I have done everything buy usb loader gx v3.0 does not detect my hdd

6. HunterZ

HunterZ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2011
    United States
    What partitions are on your HDD, and in what formats and cluster sizes?

Also try the other USB port. Some of the newer d2x versions sacrifice a USB port in exchange for greater compatibility.

7. hasan291
    OP

hasan291 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2013
    I installed neogamma and it runs my backups perfectly so i guess my cIOS is ok
    I read somewhere that downgrading my usb loader gx might fix it
    Also I am using a sata hdd dock like this, maybe its not compatible[​IMG]

8. HunterZ

HunterZ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2011
    United States
    No idea about the dock. I use a USB-powered 500GB Samsung external USB HDD along with the latest USB Loader GX SVN build posted on the SVN bug report thread on Google Code (since it's a year newer than the last official release).