Installed CIAs Don't Show On Homescreen?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by StarOfDoom, May 3, 2015.

1. StarOfDoom
    OP

StarOfDoom GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    Hello,
    I recently switched from a 8gb internal SD card to a 64gb one (formatted in Fat32 and everything) I went to reformat my EmuNand, everything went well, put all the CIAs on my SD card, opened up my EmuNand, went to install, and they kept throwing errors, so I deleted a few of them from the SD card, and apparently that fixed it... sort of... I can now install them, it completes it, but nothing shows up on my homescreen (still in emunand)... it was working perfectly with my 8gb, but not at all with my 64.. any help?

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
  3. StarOfDoom
    OP

Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    How can I tell if it's fake? It looks pretty real, and works on other things it seems like... Unless the people who faked it really went out of their way to copy the exact packaging, exact everything on the SD card, and actually make the packaging out of half decently nice packaging :/

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    packaging is often very near perfect, they wouldnt really be able to sell them easily if it had Sanddydisc wrote on the front now could they :P

PS the fakes always "appear" to work, they just spoof the available size so even the devices they are inserted into don't notice the difference, only way to really know for sure is by verifying it with a fake disk tester like h2testw

5. StarOfDoom
    OP

Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    So, how can I tell? :/ Worst comes to worst I can get a refund from eBay, as they are mislabeling their product, but still.

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    updated my post, only way to know for certain is to verify with H2testw or other disk verification tools

7. StarOfDoom
    OP

Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    UPDATE: Yeah, It's fake :P Thanks for letting me know.