Hacking Installed CFW, now how to install .cia

lem1winks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone!

First off let me just say thankyou to all the help you guys gave me during the CFW process! I now have a 11.2.0.35E with luma3ds, a9lh and FBI installed.

Now ive tried to look around on the forum but im having trouble making sense of the next step. I have a few 3ds files that i managed to convert to CIA using godmode9. Now i did a quick try last night and used FBI to install the .CIA. however the game did not appear on my home menu.

Am i doing things correctly? do i need to do anything else to my 3DS before i can play CIA games?

Once again, thank you all :D

Zelbano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Install FBI and / or BigBlueMenu.
Then install CIA's from there.

If you want to install 3DS files then you will need to convert them the CIA. There are multiple guides in this forum how to do that.

Last edited by Zelbano,

offpir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you could install cia's in the guide .
then probably your cia is not converted correctly.

Install with freeshop or download form another source.

lem1winks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you all for your advice. Ill try using freeshop, one part of the freeshop install guide says;
"Put an encTitleKeys.bin file in the directory sdmc:/3ds/data/freeShop/keys/ or go to update settings in freeShop and add a URL to auto-download (recommended)."

where would i find the url to enter? or failing that the encTitlekeys.bin file?

Thank You

Zelbano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
with CFW , converting is one step only? or I will have to search tickets and change other stuff?

There are, as I said, multiple ways of converting a 3DS file to CIA. I personally use a program called "3DS Simple CIA Converter". But for it to work you'll have to move files to and from the SD card. But there are other ways to do it.
For example: [Tutorial] How to Convert .3DS Files Into .CIA (11.2.0 N3DS)

But if you only want to install games and homebrew's then use google and search for CIA files, or use Freeshop as some people above suggested.
Keep in mind that Freeshop received a DMCA notification from Nintendo and as such has been removed from Github. So if you want to use it then you will have to download it from another source that also has links to CIA files.

Last edited by Zelbano,

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you all for your advice. Ill try using freeshop, one part of the freeshop install guide says;
"Put an encTitleKeys.bin file in the directory sdmc:/3ds/data/freeShop/keys/ or go to update settings in freeShop and add a URL to auto-download (recommended)."

Thank You
It's against the rule to post that URL here but you can google it.

Reactions: lem1winks

Zelbano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Thank You

There is a site where you can download a version of Freeshop that includes Titlekeys. Google is your friend.

Reactions: lem1winks

lem1winks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thankyou. Ill take a look around and see if i can locate it. I did look on google but there was so many different methods and versions, i didnt want to do anything that may brick my device.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are, as I said, multiple ways of converting a 3DS file to CIA. I personally use a program called "3DS Simple CIA Converter". But for it to work you'll have to move files to and from the SD card. But there are other ways to do it.
For example: [Tutorial] How to Convert .3DS Files Into .CIA (11.2.0 N3DS)

But if you only want to install games and homebrew's then use google and search for CIA files, or use Freeshop as some people above suggested.
Keep in mind that Freeshop received a DMCA notification from Nintendo and as such has been removed from Github. So if you want to use it then you will have to download it from another source that also has links to CIA files.

It's been updated and moved. The FreeShop thread's OP has new link.

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thankyou. Ill take a look around and see if i can locate it. I did look on google but there was so many different methods and versions, i didnt want to do anything that may brick my device.
Google for encTitleKeys.bin.

Trust me the search results will not surprise you, you will find what you need on page 1 of the result..

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install FBI and / or BigBlueMenu.
Then install CIA's from there.

If you want to install 3DS files then you will need to convert them the CIA. There are multiple guides in this forum how to do that.
How do I use BigBlueMenu to install CIA files? When I try to, it always says I don't have enough memory, when I have 73GB left on my SD card.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I use BigBlueMenu to install CIA files? When I try to, it always says I don't have enough memory, when I have 73GB left on my SD card.
People still use BBM? Doesn't that let you pick where you install your files? If it does, make sure you're not trying to install stuff to your NAND.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried BigBlueMenu for trying to install some CIA files that FBI wouldn't, but I never got it to work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

CoolAlpha

Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, I just started to make a redNAND but I figured out that I don't need it.
I have powered off in the middle of the dump, no issues

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A