Installation Data Suite: Instalation failed , Help!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by pofer, Jan 7, 2016.

1. pofer
    OP

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    Somewhere around the corner
    OK, I've been trying to overcome this error for the last 3 days in a row and have yet to solve it!, so does anyone know what causes it and how to fix it?

before you ask:

o3DS runing 9.2 sysnand and 10.3 Emunand

Yes, Im able to boot in my emunand but I always have to deal with that instalation data suite everytime I open it, I'd like to just to go straight into my emunand.

I've downloaded a TON of Rxtools builds, lost the count actually , all of them give me the same error, not with the 2.5.2 version of Rxtools which doesnt need an instalation, but I need the 3.0 version to run it from boot

I've placed the FIRm folder with the 3 files EVERYWHERE, RxTools, RxTools/sys, Root, everywhere mentioned by guides

Yes, I've redownloaded the Frim files every time I get a new build

2. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Why can't you just use 2.5.2 and use CTRBootManager to auto boot rx tools. I do this as mine was modded months ago and well it's never been an issue, everything works

Last edited by yusuo, Jan 7, 2016
  3. pofer
    OP

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    Ctrbootmanager uses the files used by the 3.0 version of Rxtools, aka Code.bin, in the other hand, the 2.5.2 version uses the Rxtools.dat file, I don't know how to make it boot the Rxtools.dat (2.5.2) file instead of the code.bin file(3.0)

4. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Just edit CTRBootManager xml to boot the database instead of code.bin

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Failing that, try a different sd as that's more than likely the culprit

5. pofer
    OP

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    damn, if its my SD card then im screwed, as its the only 32GB SD card I have, but Ill give it a try and change the Ctrbootmanager xml

6. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Give it a go with a smaller sd if that works, atleast then you can definitely say the sd is the issue

7. pofer
    OP

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    fixed, just asked someone I know to give me a copy of the files at "data" at rxtools, placed them on my sd card and boom, got it at the first time without that anoying screen