Install Wiithon On Fedora

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kwanbis, Jan 10, 2010.

Jan 10, 2010

Install Wiithon On Fedora by kwanbis at 10:17 PM (6,034 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. kwanbis
    OP

Newcomer kwanbis Member

United States
    I've been trying to find some install instructions for Wiithon on Fedora (12), but none was available.

So, this is what I did:

1) Open terminal
    2) execute: bzr branch http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~wii.sceners.linux/wiithon/1.1 wiithon1.1 (this would download wiithon 1.1 to the wiithon1.1 folder)
    3) execute: cd wiithon1.1
    4) execute: su -c 'make' (and wait for it to finish. It should return a "Compile OK")
    5) execute: su -c 'make install' (and wait for it to finish. It should return a "Wiithon Install OK")
    6) execute: su -c 'gpasswd -a $USER disk'
    7) re-start fedora.

Wiithon should be installed an operative under games category.

2. dajomas

Newcomer dajomas Newbie

United States
    Very usefull howto on installing WiiThon. It also works for F13.

In addition to your steps, you should also make sure the following dependencies are installed:

gcc gcc-c++ glibc glibc-devel glibc-headers glibc-devel.i686 ImageMagick pygtk2 glade2 libglade2 python-sexy python-sqlalchemy gnome-icon-theme gettext

3. ultimate1000

Newcomer ultimate1000 Newbie

Canada
    Hi

I try to compile but when i'm trying to run wiithon I have this error

"Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./wiithon", line 15, in
    from cli import WiithonCLI
    File "/usr/share/wiithon/cli.py", line 11, in
    from wiitdb_schema import Particion
    File "/usr/share/wiithon/wiitdb_schema.py", line 26, in
    from sqlalchemy.databases.firebird import dialect
    ImportError: No module named firebird"

thank you

fedora 14 64b

4. kage52124

Newcomer kage52124 Newbie

United States
    I know it's bad form to reply to dead topics, but I have info that may be helpful for others who want to run Wiithon.

This worked on openSUSE 12.1 (I have to say that I didn't have all the necessary packages to build Wiithon by default, but all I did were Google searches to find the appropriate packages to install).

Open YAST (or whatever package manager you have) and install bzr (otherwise known as Bazaar). Also install make if you don't have it.

I did just about the same thing as kwanbis, but with the first command adjusted:

bzr branch http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~wii.sceners.linux/wiithon/trunk

Follow the rest of the instructions in the first post until the final command for disk permissions; if on Fedora, try it anway. This is also the most current version as of the time you run this command. To get disk permissions for your user in openSUSE, go to YAST --> users and add "disk" to your permissions. It's graphical so just look around for it.

If you are NOT working yet, look at the errors that are shown in the console and find the packages associated with them, install, and try again. Optionally, do a "make clean" to start fresh before running "make" again (without quotes of course).

Edit: Forgot last command didn't work for me, added in how I got around it.