Homebrew Install Wii U Games Without Gamepad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerryStyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently my Wii U Gamepad broke so I just borrowed my friend's Wii U Gamepad to setup Haxchi + CBHC. So now I can load HBL Channel and CFW without the need of the gamepad.

My only problem right now is that I cannot install new Wii U Games from WUP Installer GX2. The channel only displays on the gamepad, and therefore I cannot navigate the menu to install any games.

Is there any modified .elf that puts the installing screen on the TV and can be navigated with either the Wii Remote or the Pro Controller? If all else fails, I will just use HID-VPAD the gamepad and use swap DRC to look at my options.

Thanks in advance.

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently my Wii U Gamepad broke so I just borrowed my friend's Wii U Gamepad to setup Haxchi + CBHC. So now I can load HBL Channel and CFW without the need of the gamepad.

My only problem right now is that I cannot install new Wii U Games from WUP Installer GX2. The channel only displays on the gamepad, and therefore I cannot navigate the menu to install any games.

Is there any modified .elf that puts the installing screen on the TV and can be navigated with either the Wii Remote or the Pro Controller? If all else fails, I will just use HID-VPAD the gamepad and use swap DRC to look at my options.

Thanks in advance.
Easiest fix is just to borrow your mate's gamepad again when you need to install another game.

Not sure if there are other options as the system is kind of geared to that awkward gimmicky game pad.

Reactions: Retro_Mod_Gamer

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is exactly wrong with your broken Gamepad? Is it the screen and/or digitizer that is cracked or broken? If so, you can buy a replacement for about $30 and install it yourself.

Or you can buy an entire gamepad replacement for about $79 on ebay with free shipping. You may even be able to find it cheaper if you search for used Gamepads on sites like Craigslist.

PerryStyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is exactly wrong with your broken Gamepad? Is it the screen and/or digitizer that is cracked or broken? If so, you can buy a replacement for about $30 and install it yourself.

Or you can buy an entire gamepad replacement for about $79 on ebay with free shipping. You may even be able to find it cheaper if you search for used Gamepads on sites like Craigslist.

The Gamepad is a cracked Screen/Digitizer. I am getting the blue fading light when I turn it on. Also it would not connect to the wii u. I plan on fixing it myself soon, but I wanted to see if there any more options.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Gamepad is a cracked Screen/Digitizer. I am getting the blue fading light when I turn it on. Also it would not connect to the wii u. I plan on fixing it myself soon, but I wanted to see if there any more options.

Oh ok, I see. Yeah, I don't think there are any more options. As far As I know anyway.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know old thread and everything... As far as I know... Homebrew doesn't work on Homebrew, therefore Hid to vPAD wouldn't work on WUP Installer Mod Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over