Homebrew Install Unity exported CIA through FBI

Urkaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what Unity creates when compiling, but when building something made with the sdk you get a ".CCI" file. That file can be decrypted and then converted to a CIA with Decrypt9WIP, then you can install it wit your favorite CIA installer (I use FBI), and executed using the Luma3DS dev version with the UNITINFO option enabled.

Each time you get a new build you need to do all the steps again for the new generated CCI, it's tedious but better than nothing.

Hope this helps ;)

Reactions: Wolfy

HaloBenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know what Unity creates when compiling, but when building something made with the sdk you get a ".CCI" file. That file can be decrypted and then converted to a CIA with Decrypt9WIP, then you can install it wit your favorite CIA installer (I use FBI), and executed using the Luma3DS dev version with the UNITINFO option enabled.

Each time you get a new build you need to do all the steps again for the new generated CCI, it's tedious but better than nothing.

Hope this helps ;)

I'll try this next

HaloBenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hope this helps ;)

It installed but throws a FATAL ERROR immediately after booting in LUMA with UNITINFO. Godda get a dev kit I guess

HaloBenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Previously farthest I had gotten with this was getting it installed but before Nintendo 3DS screen shown FATAL ERROR thrown. Now I get the Nintendo 3DS screen after booting but then thrown back to home menu then forced reboot error.

HaloBenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea, or I'll order a dev kit on Monday and make this whole 3DS game dev thing a lot less tedious. Thanks for the help everyone

D

Deleted User

Speaking as someone who has managed to get Unity CIAs working on a retail 3DS, I can hopefully give you a brief method, that I often use, which could perhaps work out for you.

1) Download the latest 3DS Simple CIA Converter (an easy-to-use program which handles zero-key-encrypted CIAs) and place your output CCI file inside the "roms" folder.

2) Rename the CCI extension of your file to .3DS as the program only detects files with that extension.

3) Open the program and choose the option to convert 3DS to CIA. Let it do its business, and after a few seconds, the file should now be converted to a CIA, ready to be installed to your 3DS.

4) Finally, send it on over to your 3DS and install via your preferred CIA installer.

The result varies from 3DS to 3DS, most likely depending on your setup (I personally use A9LH + Luma3DS hourly) but I have always found this method of converting and trying out a Unity CIA has always 100% worked out for me!

I also forgot to mention that you shouldn't have ticked any of the boxes in the Build Settings (development CCI and convert to CIA image boxes), as they can also render the CIA unplayable.

HaloBenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Speaking as someone who has managed to get Unity CIAs working on a retail 3DS, I can hopefully give you a brief method, that I often use, which could perhaps work out for you.

1) Download the latest 3DS Simple CIA Converter (an easy-to-use program which handles zero-key-encrypted CIAs) and place your output CCI file inside the "roms" folder.

2) Rename the CCI extension of your file to .3DS as the program only detects files with that extension.

3) Open the program and choose the option to convert 3DS to CIA. Let it do its business, and after a few seconds, the file should now be converted to a CIA, ready to be installed to your 3DS.

4) Finally, send it on over to your 3DS and install via your preferred CIA installer.

The result varies from 3DS to 3DS, most likely depending on your setup (I personally use A9LH + Luma3DS hourly) but I have always found this method of converting and trying out a Unity CIA has always 100% worked out for me!

I also forgot to mention that you shouldn't have ticked any of the boxes in the Build Settings (development CCI and convert to CIA image boxes), as they can also render the CIA unplayable.

Yee yee, must have been using the wrong program. Getting 3DS Simple CIA Converter now.

EDIT: SUPER THANKS!

TuoLarips

Trophies
XP
Country

Thank you very much for this post! You helped a lot! :) And I have just one thing to add here. If you have sprites that are large (2048) your game will not be playable on Nintendo 3DS.

Aved

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you very much for this post! You helped a lot! :) And I have just one thing to add here. If you have sprites that are large (2048) your game will not be playable on Nintendo 3DS.
yup, 512x512 is the max supported, learned the hard way :D

Last edited by Aved,

haazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd throw in that with Gateway you can rename the .cci to. 3ds and it runs. It really quick way to test since you don't have to convert than transfer to the 3ds, just pop out the cart. Not sure if it warrents buying one if you don't have one from a long time ago

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I'd throw in that with Gateway you can rename the .cci to. 3ds and it runs. It really quick way to test since you don't have to convert than transfer to the 3ds, just pop out the cart. Not sure if it warrents buying one if you don't have one from a long time ago
Sky3DS would be better for that, wouldn't it? No installation baggage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...