Homebrew Install RetroArch?

Marc1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose it's personal preference, but I always unzip them...also roms from the no intro romsets have a better chance of being recognized by retroarch while scanning, rather than random roms from the net. The black screen is what I was referring to when I said I could never get the rpx version going.
Where might one find a no intro rom set?

metalsniper63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This has been a real pain in the ass to use, but i finally manage to get 2 Neo Geo Games to run, only that they don't appear on the COLLECTIONS, i have to go the the directory and select them myself... But let me tell you this is a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS to install and use...
But it does work quite well once using it .

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has been a real pain in the ass to use, but i finally manage to get 2 Neo Geo Games to run, only that they don't appear on the COLLECTIONS, i have to go the the directory and select them myself... But let me tell you this is a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS to install and use...
Retroarch uses databases for roms,

If you want collections, download no-intro sets.

metalsniper63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was searching for no-intro sets for neo geo but i couldn't find it.
Also, how do i search the database? do i need to do something inside reatroarch??

Reactions: Marc1984

metalsniper63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well yes, there's no Set for Neo Geo. But how do i get retroarch to recognize the roms that i already have?? how do i add them to the COLLECTIONS section?

Marc1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check that you are using hbl 1.4. If so, you can try replacing retroarch.rpx on the wiiu/apps/retroarch folder with any of the cores in retroarch folder, simply copy the core (I use mgba, is the one I use the most) and rename it to retroarch.rpx.
Does this work for HBL 2.1?

Marc1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes of course. He should have said 1.4 and up.. ;)
You guys are amazing!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do I need to put the Bios files in the rom folder also? Sorry for all the questions, just wanna make sure it's setup as you guys would. :D

Reactions: ploggy

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are amazing!

Do I need to put the Bios files in the rom folder also? Sorry for all the questions, just wanna make sure it's setup as you guys would. :D

For some reason the latest wii u build isn't adding roms into collections for me. Which system are you needing bios placement for?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You guys are amazing!

Bios files need to go in the System folder (sd:/retroarch/cores/system) and they HAVE to be named correctly!

Marc1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason the latest wii u build isn't adding roms into collections for me. Which system are you needing bios placement for?
Snes9x2010

Bios files need to go in the System folder (sd:/retroarch/cores/system) and they HAVE to be named correctly!
Can you give an example plz?

Marc1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_0225.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG
what your looking at is no roms loaded even with roms in correct folder. Also it's not showing any of my cores unless I go to HBL. Even then if I choose Snes9x2010 it won't let me load a different core or pick up on roms :hateit:

Last edited by Marc1984,

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 96640 View attachment 96639what your looking at is no roms loaded even with roms in correct folder. Also it's not showing any of my cores unless I go to HBL. Even then if I choose Snes9x2010 it won't let me load a different core or pick up on roms :hateit:
what is your folder setup like?

Edit: download this and extract it to SD:/retroarch/

https://buildbot.libretro.com/assets/frontend/bundle.zip
https://buildbot.libretro.com/assets/frontend/bundle.zip
that will add in assets and databases.

Last edited by reminon,

metalsniper63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Now i installed the RETROARCH CHANNEL but it just doesn't load... I don't know how can this be any more difficult to do... I don't say it's a bad thing (retroarch), actually it works great, is just getting it to work is the difficult part...

Reactions: Marc1984

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom