Hacking install or not install games updates/dlc ???

pidibi36421

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi, all

wii u v5.5.1, dns changed, haxchi exploit installed, mocha cfw installed

i have these games in cd format:
-xenoblade chronicles x PAL
-zelda bow PAL (never insterted in the wii u)(maj v1.0.0 on the disc, not installed)

/////

-there is an update v1.0.1 available for xenoblade chronicles x PAL
-there is an update v1.5.0 available for zelda bow PAL
-there are dlc 1 & 2 available for zelda bow PAL

these updates/dlc have never been downloaded/installed on my wii u

/////

if i install by wup installer xenoblade x PAL + maj v1.0.1 on USB drive
if i install by wup installer zelda bow PAL + maj v1.5.0 + dlc 1 & 2 on USB drive

if for any reason, i lost the opportunity to play my wii u hacked, and to hack it again

my games in cd format will be unplayable because they will not be in the right version, am i right ?

if i want to replay these games, i will, legally, download with my wii u these majs, and my wii will be updated to v5.5.2, am i right ?

is there any way to prevent this situation ?

i see only one solution:
if i install by wup installer xenoblade x PAL on USB drive
if i install by wup installer zelda bow PAL + maj v1.0.0 on USB drive

am i right ?

my comprehension is that, a wii u save in her sysnand somewhere, the information, "which version of the game was used"; if previous version used, the wii u show a blocking popup inviting to download/intall again the missing update, am i right ?

thk

Last edited by pidibi36421,

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you install those games and their update you will be able to play them without having your console in hacked mod
but if you install the dlcs you will need the cfw mode
think as game that exist as CD like zelda botw and xenoblade and their update as legit signed stuff, while things that only exist in eshop and cost money (virtual console stuff and dlc) as fake signed stuff which would not work on unhacked console

also, update are the same for game installed or for CD so if you put your cd and launch it, it will be up to date

but yeah, once you update a game it will ask for this level of update, hacked or not (you can still edit some files to reverse it if i understood it correctly)

summary : if you want to be able to play those game even with a non hacked console in the futur, dont install the DLC

PS: installing fake signed dlc will mean that you will not be able to buy them on the eshop easily anymore, even if you uninstall them, because the fake ticket will still be here, and you will need to remove said ticket before being able to buy them properly, it involve some hex editing and stuff, kind a pain in the ass, and could also be a little risky for your console since you will need to acces system files with FTP

PPS: there is some technique to be able to launch non-free dlc with non hacked console when there also is free dlc available (like zelda with undub patch), it also invole hex editing and FTP use

Last edited by Engezerstorung,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls