Hacking Install from Network, not USB?

Methanoid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
All guides/videos seem to show install of PKG from USB stick or HDD, but is it possible to install from SMB network share?

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Oh, I thought you meant installing updates.

Initial post:
Oh, come on. Update files are around 800MB... So they should fit on a 1GB USB stick just fine. Borrow an old USB stick from someone or buy an 8GB one (they're like $5).

Perhaps you could use a USB device that can store data, like a PSP or an iPod, maybe, I don't know.
But if you have a microSD card (like from your phone, DS flashcart/3DS, whatever), you can get a USB reader for it for like $0.5. Mine looks this:

8ce6ccc68b66da19859adeb0fe8ab1bc--phone-card-card-reader.jpg

They're very cheap.

Last edited by DSpider,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get an USB C 3.0 enclosure to install any games, make sure to use the 3.0 port on the PS4, don't get the Micro B USB one. Format the HDD/SSD exfat.

Methanoid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Example: person has 5tb of Ps4 titles. Seriously you can't FTP them to console and install or install the PKG leaving it located on an SMB share? Or you have to copy it to a USB drive before installing it?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so in 4.55, you cannot transfer pkgs into the console thought ftp?

Nope, not yet. I suspect there might be a way like on PS3 there were internal locations you could place pkgs for installation, however IMHO USB 3.0 is quicker and easier.

Example: person has 5tb of Ps4 titles. Seriously you can't FTP them to console and install or install the PKG leaving it located on an SMB share? Or you have to copy it to a USB drive before installing it?

5TB...

Seriously you can't yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: