Install dev menu without flash cart, can it be done?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by kaizerJ, Jan 11, 2015.

1. kaizerJ
    OP

kaizerJ Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    Is there anyway to install the dev menu, without a flash cart on a 4.5 system? I know the go exploit gives you a lot of new options, but I couldn't find anything about the dev menu.

2. jscjml

jscjml Monster Hunter

Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    Las Vegas
    snip. wrong info.

3. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    Yes, you can. There was a "CFW" leaked a while ago that allows this, but it's incredibly buggy and doesn't support 7.x SDK games.

Margen67 likes this.
  4. kaizerJ
    OP

kaizerJ Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    Really? I was under he impression all you needed was a way to install the rop loader and a internet connection. I was looking at the CIA guide and it seams to say you need a ds flash cart. I could have read it wrong.

5. Kakkoii
    This message by Kakkoii has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Jan 12, 2015, Reason: Warez.
    Jan 11, 2015
  6. 54321

54321 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2011
    United States
    I'm pretty sure you do need a ds flash card to use roploader to allow you to use the ds profile exploit.

7. huesos_96

huesos_96 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2012
    Mexico
    on a 4.5 system yeah!, only use the CFW for 3ds, you will need a nintendo ds flashcard that works in your system, you dont need Gateway

8. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    even if you could write to nand and install the devmenu/had a homebrew Launcher.dat style title manager to install it, i don't think you would have the persmission to run it once it is installed in sysnand/without GW's patches.
    so, it's pointless (unless you have some bigger plan?)
    but yes, if you want to stay on 4.5 you can use the CFW.
    just buy gw... :)

9. kaizerJ
    OP

kaizerJ Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    Doesn't the go exploit work more less like the rop loader?

10. Codename

Codename GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO

Feb 21, 2012
    Canada
    I'm trying to get the CFW up and running on my 3DS without a Gateway card, but when I try to trigger the exploit for the blue top screen and white bottom screen, all I get is a blue top screen. Bottom screen stays black or white. I've rebooted numerous times to retry it, but it's always the same outcome! Do I have to wait awhile after triggering the exploit for the white screen to flash?

EDIT: Nvrmind. White screen finally flashed. System looked like it was gonna reboot into the home menu, but it hung on black screens. I think my EmuNAND was not properly configured.

11. JillSandwich

JillSandwich Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2015
    United States
    I've had better luck using Gateway's exploit and Launcher_GW.dat (renamed as Launcher.dat, of course).
    Waiting for the system to load the SD card titles also helps.
    The bottom screen should flash white, and then swap to redNAND (modified emuNAND) afterwards. If it never flashed, or it hangs after, even 30 seconds, go ahead and reboot.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/4-x-only-cia-cfw-complete-guide.373532/page-11#post-5145746 helped out a lot, especially with the bat file.

Codename likes this.
  12. kaizerJ
    OP

kaizerJ Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    So did you ever get the dev menu installed? I can get as far as step 12 but I'm having problems this part.

"Now to get into the CFW, go to System Settings > Other > Profile > Nintendo DS Profile."
    The profile options won't dork do to my lack of top loader.

13. kaizerJ
    OP

kaizerJ Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    anyone?

14. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    you are going to need a ds mode flash cart to install the msetroploader

15. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    Yes, but it might be a while before people are able to reverse it.

Or not, I've heard it's pretty similar to the 4.x exploit.

16. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    any chance I can be able to install a devmenu with a 3ds that dosent read any 3ds cart for a friend