NintendyFan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Our company makes the DS replacement game cases for the Nintendo DS.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there willing to crack open their 3DS game cartridge to see if our cases will work for the 3DS games as well?
This way we wouldn't have to create a new mold for the 3DS game cart.

I can send you some free cases ( colors of your choice ) as long as you take some pictures of the procedure and a video of it in action ( preferably a video of the entire sequence )

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what i have seen before, the cases for the DS games should fit the 3DS games. that little nub on the edge of the 3DS game cases is nothing- just extra space so it wont fit into a DS/L/i/iXL.

NintendyFan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seaking said:
from what i have seen before, the cases for the DS games should fit the 3DS games. that little nub on the edge of the 3DS game cases is nothing- just extra space so it wont fit into a DS/L/i/iXL.

That's what I figure too, but just wanted to be 100% sure before we advertise it as such.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good idea haha. i myself dont wanna open up the only two 3DS games i have, if i still had SSF4 or PilotWings i would open up one of those

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NintendyFan said:
Seaking said:

That's what I figure too, but just wanted to be 100% sure before we advertise it as such.
Wow, there are still people out there that care for advertising their products using their real specifications and abilities!
rolleyes.gif

NintendyFan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gullwing said:
NintendyFan said:
Seaking said:

Wow, there are still people out there that care for advertising their products using their real specifications and abilities!
rolleyes.gif

I'm really not trying to advertise anything, just looking for a little assistance in the matter. I didn't use our company name or any links to products.

Reactions: 1 person

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Was it the GBA where the difterence in the shape of GBA and GBC carts told the system which mode to boot in? Only problem might be if the nub presses a switch to boot it in 3DS rather than DS mode. I know some website cut off the nub on Nintendogs to see what happened if you put it in a DSL and if it would be recognised.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
You are making this? UMDcase? Wow.
wub.gif

I'm visiting this page for days now.

You know, I've heard some guys here use "backup und homebrew devices" for their video games.

I'm sure these guys would be more interested in the stickers than the acual cases. (Since these cases only work with real cartridges)

The stickers of our "backup und homebrew devices" are often very ugly, somethimes we pull them off... Always truble with that stuff...

A simple "R4 Revolution" sticker is fun. But a "Tetris DS" sticker would be even funnier...

NintendyFan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Clookster said:
You are making this? UMDcase? Wow.
wub.gif

I'm visiting this page for days now.

You know, I've heard some guys here use "backup und homebrew devices" for their video games.

I'm sure these guys would be more interested in the stickers than the acual cases. (Since these cases only work with real cartridges)

The stickers of our "backup und homebrew devices" are often very ugly, somethimes we pull them off... Always truble with that stuff...

A simple "R4 Revolution" sticker is fun. But a "Tetris DS" sticker would be even funnier...

We already make every sticker available on the market for the DS and 3DS.. lol.

Qazar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would like proof of product before attempting to do this, so some pictures of the cases and stickers with today's newspaper will suffice.

NintendyFan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Qazar said:
I would like proof of product before attempting to do this, so some pictures of the cases and stickers with today's newspaper will suffice.

We sell them up on ebay and out own website.. is that not proof enough?

Posts merged

QUOTE(Clookster @ Jun 21 2011, 04:11 PM) Yeah. But can we order them without the cases? 10 Stickers = $10? Or so?

You can PM me and I'll hook you up with some stuff.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
NintendyFan said:
Qazar said:
Well - how the hell are we suppose to know who you are on ebay so that we can see the products you sell - A search for 'NintendyFan' comes up blank

Now I'm pretty sure you can't post a link to one of your ebay items here or post your companies name - but perhaps you could give us the EXACT title of one of your ebay items,
that should narrow down our search results

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Was it the GBA where the difterence in the shape of GBA and GBC carts told the system which mode to boot in? Only problem might be if the nub presses a switch to boot it in 3DS rather than DS mode. I know some website cut off the nub on Nintendogs to see what happened if you put it in a DSL and if it would be recognised.

Well, the GBA and GBC carts had different voltage requirements, which is probably the main reason for having the switch. I don't think that difference is present with DS and 3DS cards, as a 3DS can read DS cards just fine without requiring the unit to be off first when inserting.

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BlueStar said:
I remember this as well.

The DS or DS Lite doesn't recognise that there is a cart inserted. That's what I heard about it. If I am correct, the 'boot sector'(the part of the cardridge wich is loaded at starting up, in wich the name of the game, the icon, the creator, a secret passkey, etc is stored) of both cardridgetypes is simply very different. A DS will think it is a corrupted card. However, a 3DS can handle both formats. I think it's something like that.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
The extra nub on 3DS cards, is just to prevent it from sticking it in a DS/DSL or DSi/DSi XL
take an original DS game and a 3DS game and compare, the only difference (except for the extra nub) could be inside, is there a hole to keep the pcb in place, if there is, where is it located etc...

Like said above your company can buy a DS game and a 3DS game and prey it open themself to see if it fits.
It's not hard todo, why let some kid ruin his 3DS game for your company, cause what he gets in return doesn't match up his ruined card.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
NintendyFan said:
Qazar said:
Well - how the hell are we suppose to know who you are on ebay so that we can see the products you sell - A search for 'NintendyFan' comes up blank
uh...
http://gbatemp.net/t298146-nintendo-ds-deb...p;#entry3728215
hes legit.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Seaking said:
CannonFoddr said:
NintendyFan said:
Qazar said:
uh...
http://gbatemp.net/t298146-nintendo-ds-deb...p;#entry3728215
hes legit.

loli could of told you hes legit earlyer
tongue.gif

I

ishdeepsingh

Id do it, if you want me to. i have a camera, so i can take pics, or if you want, even a video. Just 1 question tho. if I open the 3ds game, is it easy to close back up or do i glue it back? and also, how to i open it? justa flat screwdriver? then crack it open?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy