binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was talking to somebody about a month ago about this possibly fake sx injector on AliExpress and can’t find the thread now for the life of me.

10A21593-7E5B-4E7A-A727-1CFC7CBFF1B0.jpeg

At any rate, IT’S HERE!

…and boy am I surprised.

It looks like the real deal vintage sx injector!

check out the collection…

image.jpg

action shots…

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks legit to me!

Anybody who bought one back in the day see anything fishy?

I’m looking to buy either one of these guys, if you know where to find them or want to sell your old one…

9C62AAF5-101F-4AC1-8D4E-26BDAEE45525.jpeg

591134CB-B3CD-40E4-B588-721A7107C24D.jpeg

Last edited by binkinator,

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only difference I can see compared to mine, is a missing sticker. My injector has the Xecuter sticker on both sides. Other than that, based on the pictures, everything else looks the same.
Mine didn’t even come with stickers lol

Mine came in just that smaller white box alone and was solid black

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that’s the one. They claim only 4 left.

• Haha
Reactions: peteruk

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Side question..are those the boxypixel metal buttons or is the photo just making them look different

I like the colors with the leds!

aha…they’ve served their purpose! Getting asked questions about my pictures on the Internet! Woohoo! LOL

yes, they are BPs w/ the extremerate DFS kit inside.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aha…they’ve served their purpose! Getting asked questions about my pictures on the Internet! Woohoo! LOL

yes, they are BPs w/ the extremerate DFS kit inside.
I was curious because I have a set of BP cons as well, and wasn’t aware that the extremerate kit would still fit inside. A bit silly in hindsight…either way impulsively ordering a kit myself now to light these babies up

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious because I have a set of BP cons as well, and wasn’t aware that the extremerate kit would still fit inside. A bit silly in hindsight…either way impulsively ordering a kit myself now to light these babies up
LOL! Guaranteed to make you post more pictures with them on!

My only regret is this combo of kits makes doing work on my joycons just THAT much harder.

I had to fight back tears when those Gulikit joysticks came out because I just knew I was going to have to open up Pandora’s Joycons again!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I still look for one of these to show up online for sale from time to time. I’ve never seen one come up. But it was one heck of an idea.
Its so good, sad that it didn't get to live :(
Then again, now days it's all AutoRCM anyway and a phone do the trick 99% of the time. But it's so tiny and handy to have in the card slot.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its so good, sad that it didn't get to live :(
Then again, now days it's all AutoRCM anyway and a phone do the trick 99% of the time. But it's so tiny and handy to have in the card slot.
I ended up 3D printing an SD card holder in a GameCard form to hold my Linux4Tegra and Android cards with me at all time. I use a modded JoyCon to short pins in the rail and then AutoRCM or the reboot to payload homebrew gets me back up without using an injector most of the time. On the rare occasions I do need one, I do have an SX injector.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See the second picture…bottom right hand corner. ;-)
Post automatically merged:

Yeah…the jacked up part about all of this is I have a Trinket M0 in my switch and don’t even need an injector anymore. I just think they are cool pieces of innovation and every once in a while I like to boot up old school.

• Angry
Reactions: hippy dave and rcpd

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If envy had a name, it would be rcpd that there are two people with Dragon Injectors in this thread and I am not one of them. 😡😡😡

• Sad

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If envy had a name, it would be rcpd that there are two people with Dragon Injectors in this thread and I am not one of them. 😡😡😡
Now there's at least 3. You won't find them for sale because nobody that has one will probably ever want to sell theirs. It's truly a magnificent little piece of hardware.

The worst part is trying to find replacement parts for new shells. The new shells are easy to print. But with the absence of real hobby shops, it's a pain trying to find some of the small bits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1