Homebrew Injecting roms into VC? With only the web browser? Sure.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I ask because using no-ip usually means that the person is self hosting the website. Websites like that usually aren't reliable because the host, at some point, will reset the computer, forget to turn it on, stop running the site after some time, etc. You may not be hosting it yourself, but most no-ip sites are self hosted.
Yes, this is my home host. It's a NAS available 24x7 with power backup and 100Mbit broadband internet connection. I hosted Nintendo Video and Nintendo Zone homepass servers on it for years. But if you're in doubts, you can easily get all the go/rop stuff from my site and host it by yourself locally on ANY web-server i.e. no PHP, ASP or anything else server-side required. That was the main idea, I host it just for example.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i took this down for obvious reasons but i did this on 9.5
B8_BmnYIgAA_UdK.png

Reactions: Margen67 and TUWieZ

ProNiteBite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, this is my home host. It's a NAS available 24x7 with power backup and 100Mbit broadband internet connection. I hosted Nintendo Video and Nintendo Zone homepass servers on it for years. But if you're in doubts, you can easily get all the go/rop stuff from my site and host it by yourself locally on ANY web-server i.e. no PHP, ASP or anything else server-side required. That was the main idea, I host it just for example.

Awesome, if that's the case I'll trust you, thanks!

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

zbw2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that there is a 3ds system update.
Will this injection trick still work after the update?
(sorry if this question has been asked already :( )

your safe to update. the only thing this update does is add dome new "new" 3ds crypto stuff that didn't even work anyway.

GameFreakDude

More gorgeous than any Hollywood star!
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why would it be impossible for it to have a special chip. race drivin used one to get basic 3d graphics running on it. [media]
You don't need a special chip to do 3D graphics on the Game Boy, just very good usage of the Game Boy's on-board hardware. Faceball 2000 and X are the most popular examples. If those games did have some magical chip in the cart, they wouldn't be able to run on the 3DS's Virtual Console (which they do), because they wouldn't code it to emulate the cart's unique chip.

I will give you that it is technically possible for a cartridge to use on-board sound hardware - I forgot about the VIN signal input that allows an additional arbitrary sound channel. No officially licensed games use this, though, and the only other thing I can think of that might have used it is nanoloop.

Reactions: Margen67

ProNiteBite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like it cause I have tried to do the rom.nes thing but... instead of showing any color (red, yellow or green showing the injection stats) the web browser shows me a glitched screen...

And crashes my VC game :/
Again, this exploit was not meant for NES injection so this does not surprise me.

um.... did you not see my post i posted on Miiverse

I did, but as far as I can tell, the exploit is not reliable. It doesn't work too well, and only works with few games. I may be incorrect, but I have yet to have a successful injection of a NES game.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you use a VC that has Restore Points (EG: Shantae which is also the Biggest GBC VC and the Best for Injecting its about $5 on eShop) You can Reload where you last left off in whatever you injected (Only one Save though) by using the Restore Points

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If you use a VC that has Restore Points (EG: Shantae which is also the Biggest GBC VC and the Best for Injecting its about $5 on eShop) You can Reload where you last left off in whatever you injected (Only one Save though) by using the Restore Points

On that matter does the restore point option treat the original VC and the injected ROM separately or they get overwritten? Like can I have separate restore points for shantae and pokemon + other ROMs at the same time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.