Injecting header into .sav file (Sky3ds)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by hacksdenied, Apr 6, 2015.

1. hacksdenied
    OP

hacksdenied Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2015
    Senegal
    Hi all,

I saw many threads talking about dumping retail games and injecting headers into template.
    I can't seems to find a thread talking about ways to inject header into .sav file.
    I have been playing mh4u USA solo for about 80 hours before i wanted to go online.
    I had dumped one of my retail game and insert the header into the latest template file.
    However, i realised that the header in my .sav file have to be the same as the header in my template in order to go online.
    The only way i could think of was to restart the game to play online but i don't want to put 80 hours of gameplay down the drain.
    Can anyone help me with this? I have no idea how to inject header into my .sav file the proper way.

Note: i am a Sky3ds user.

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    If you're on a 9.0-9.2 n3ds you an use the ntr cfw for that, if not you're SOL.

3. hacksdenied
    OP

hacksdenied Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2015
    Senegal
    what is ntr cfw?
    and i my n3ds is version 9.6

4. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
  5. hacksdenied
    OP

hacksdenied Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2015
    Senegal
  6. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    My understanding is sky was designed to just play roms not any of the extra stuff gateway does.

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    only other way you could really do it would be to send the save and new header to someone who does have access to a 9.2 or lower n3DS, they could use NTR to extract the save, then apply the new header and re-import the save......but tbh it would be a bit of a chore for someone just to help someone out, plus you would need to trust them not to just make your private header public etc

so only solutions are
    A) buy MH4 on eshop and use the save data transfer tool to move your save to the eshop version
    B) find someone who you trust who has a 9.2 or lower n3DS and a sky3DS card to do the step outline above

A possible future solution would be
    C) try get hold of a 9.2 or lower old 3DS, install the legit cia of MH4U and then perform a system transfer to your n3DS....this should give you a legit copy of MH4U that you could use the save data transfer tool with to move your save to, although some people seem to think that this doesnt work for transferring them to sysnand (although i dont see why it wouldn't)......but there is currently no clean&legit copy of MH4U USA yet, so this isnt really possible to even try just yet

8. hacksdenied
    OP

hacksdenied Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2015
    Senegal
    seems like the only viable option for me is B)..
    but I have no friend with a n3ds :cry:

9. hacksdenied
    OP

hacksdenied Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2015
    Senegal
    I have a friend who is using gateway on old 3ds version 9.2
    will he be able to fix this for me?

10. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    afaik the only way of retrieving 6.x encrypted saves atm is NTR CFW 2.0, which only supports the n3DS on 9.2 or lower, so unless it gets updated to support the o3DS or something like Rxtools is updated to enable save dumping similar to NTR there is no way to do it atm on a old3ds

for the immediate solution, maybe ask around on here is someone is willing to help you out, but they will need a n3DS on 9.2 or lower and a sky3ds card
    i dont have a sky3ds or i would of done it for you, but good luck finding someone who can help you out, if not just keep an eye on NTR 2.0 and see if o3DS support is added, but afaik there is no plans from the developer to support the o3ds atm

11. hacksdenied
    OP

hacksdenied Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2015
    Senegal
    awww alright then.. thanks a lot for your help and advice:grog: