Gaming Injected virtual console wad save icon/banner keep unchanged?

KitMikro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everyone,

Long time reader here, but never posted... until now. For the past week I started a mission to create my own VC Injected WAD, because I wanted to play Lost Vikings and not use an emulator. I used Super Metroid (USA) as a donor WAD.

I followed different tutorials but of course the one found on GBATEMP was the most successful (sorry I can't post a link) but the title is "How to create professional Virtual Console injects" by "CatmanFan"

Without a problem I created an injected wad for my favorite games Lost Vikings and Blackthorne.

They work on Dolphin surprisingly well :D everything seemed to have worked, but not the save game image. (see attached image)

VC Save inject
successfully injected the new banner.tpl into 05 and the title into 01.

I then repack the 05_out map

and then repack the WAD

So what could have gone wrong?

Attachments

• 0.png
    0.png
    96 KB · Views: 558
  • 1.png
    1.png
    214.1 KB · Views: 400
  • 2.png
    2.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 745

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They are indeed different images (you can have a save without the app installed, after all) coming from different sources (which I vaguely remember being in different content (.app) files)

KitMikro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They are indeed different images (you can have a save without the app installed, after all) coming from different sources (which I vaguely remember being in different content (.app) files)

Thanks for your reply,

Well for SNES games if I read everything correctly this save image is banner.tpl located in 05.app.

I created a new banner.tpl with the VCIcon application. and injected it with VCSaveInject.

Is there a way to convert/extract this banner.tpl back to images, so I can check if the banner.tpl is created correctly?
*edit* I found Image to TPL convert 0.4!

So I unpacked my injected WAD again -> extracted 05.app -> and opened banner.tpl with image to TPL converter. It shows as in the attached photo.

Now I'm just flabbergasted! why is it still showing the old banner?

I also just noticed that in the Dolphin game list there is also still the old banner... (see attached image)

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_3317.JPG
    IMG_3317.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 275
Last edited by KitMikro,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thanks for your reply,

Well for SNES games if I read everything correctly this save image is banner.tpl located in 05.app.

I created a new banner.tpl with the VCIcon application. and injected it with VCSaveInject.

Is there a way to convert/extract this banner.tpl back to images, so I can check if the banner.tpl is created correctly?
*edit* I found Image to TPL convert 0.4!

So I unpacked my injected WAD again -> extracted 05.app -> and opened banner.tpl with image to TPL converter. It shows as in the attached photo.

Now I'm just flabbergasted! why is it still showing the old banner?

I also just noticed that in the Dolphin game list there is also still the old banner... (see attached image)
You didn't repack the 5.app after editing the banner.tpl file. Try again :)
Greetings
EDIT: I recommend using HowardC's U8 Tool v10.1 instead of old versions or another U8 tools like Gally's U8 extractor / U8 estructure copier xD

Last edited by SaulFabre,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)