'Initialize USB Device' purgatory

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by CraigTryingToPlaySmash, Dec 21, 2015.

1. CraigTryingToPlaySmash
    OP

CraigTryingToPlaySmash Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2015
    United States
    Hello, I've been looking to play games through usb loader for the past few days, dumping some hours into accomplishing this, and recieving no results

Today I believe I came the closest and I believe my problems lies in installing those d2x files
    I'm rather tech savvy, but this stuff has kicked me down and made me rethink that :)

I believe I installed d2x v6 things, whatever theyre called :(, but thats out of date I read, so I proceeded to installing the d2x v10 files. during installing in the 249 slot I recieved 1 error and 2 timeout, but it proceeded. 250 went smooth. I think the problem lies in here somewhere. Says I have v8. idk man.

Upon going to usb loader gx I got a 'Initialize USB Device' for like 5 minutes and in the end it couldn't find my flash drive. I check the usb loader gx site and my USB should work, so it's not the USB.

Sorry if I'm coming off vague, I'll gladly give out all of the info I can.
    Here's my syscheck thing:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Thanks for your time :)

2. ISO-Man

ISO-Man GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2013
    United States
    I am assuming you just now mod the wii.. USB Loader GX has a setting to determine which USB port the drive is on. I would check that. For a quick test.. swap the drive to the other USB port and test.

Good Luck :)
    ISO-Man

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Try a real HDD instead of flash sticks. Many of them don't work. Even if you have the same specific model as one listed on that compatibility list it may not have the same internal components and flash drives are notorious for not working with Wii homebrew as a lot of them do not implement the entire USB storage protocol.

ISO-Man likes this.