Homebrew Question Ingognito Explained Please?

Qubarf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
In preparation for the atmosphere free emuNAND about to be released I just wanted to figure out Ingognito.
Ingognito muddles your serial number right?
If so, is the serial number the identifier that is said to be banned or not banned in nintendo's servers
If i do this, obviously i won't be able to go online but in case i happen to click an online game can you confirm that it won't attempt to load?

TL;DR
Does ingonito completely make emuNAND 'invisible' even if DNS is turned on
And are 90DNS and stealth mode obsolete now?

Thank you, GBAtemp!

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incognito has no effect on anything emunand related. As far as to what it muddles, I think there's about eight things in the ProdInfo partition that's used to identify your console that it gets rid of so it's not just serial number.

Qubarf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Incognito has no effect on anything emunand related. As far as to what it muddles, I think there's about eight things in the ProdInfo partition that's used to identify your console that it gets rid of so it's not just serial number.
So if i was to use ingognito for normal CFW, does that mean i won't be able to go online in OFW.
And is it completely ban-proof?

Pekempy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So if i was to use ingognito for normal CFW, does that mean i won't be able to go online in OFW.

1. You will not be able to go online in OFW as it removes the information from the nand which is part of the console.
1a. Open source emunand is going to have ways to hide this information apparently, so you could have emunand with "incognito" and OFW online
2. Nothing at the moment is completely ban-proof. We don't have enough information on what exactly nintendo can see or use to identify the console. If you've gone online at all with any CFW, there's a potential for ban.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can't play online if you edit out your prodinfo, if you lose the backup it make you would never be able to go back online, then again you need a clean nand to go back online or you would just get the ban hammer.

Qubarf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
You can't play online if you edit out your prodinfo, if you lose the backup it make you would never be able to go back online, then again you need a clean nand to go back online or you would just get the ban hammer.
*SIGH* IS PRODINFO SAFE THOUGH??? I.E. BAN-PROOF
and why wouldn't it work on emunand

Vennetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
*SIGH* IS PRODINFO SAFE THOUGH??? I.E. BAN-PROOF
and why wouldn't it work on emunand

I will try to answer your question best.

If you use Incognito the next will happen.

You will not be able to connect to anything related to Nintendo Servers since they use the PRODINFO in order to do that (Serial and other things), however, you will be able to use other things related to networking (Internet, LAN, etc), so theoretically it is ban safe, be it In OFW or CFW, at the moment I haven't heard anyone who has been banned because of it, I might be wrong though in the last part. Hope that answer your question.

Reactions: Qubarf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1