Information needed DSiWare Downgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Alex3dss, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Alex3dss
    OP

Alex3dss I like sharing Japanese music

Aug 21, 2015
    Netherlands
    Location unknown
    Sooo basically I have been gone for a very long time but since there are a few new updates released for the 3ds I wanted to look for some shit on this site

I readed about something called DSiWare Downgrade but I don't really understand it and I would like some explanation. Since one of my friends would like to downgrade his 3ds I thought I'd help him out but I don't know where the fuck I gotta start.

Please provide some help so I can downgrade the 3ds

Thnx :D

2. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    The DSiWare downgrade allows you to replace the FIRM binary in a 11.0, 11.1 or 11.2 console with the one from 10.4.
    This will then allow you to perform a full downgrade to 9.2, where CFW can be installed.
    It requires fhat a DSiWare game (e.g. Fieldrunners) and corresponding save file is installed on the system. From there you can run dgTool to downgrade FIRM.
    To install the game and save on an unhacked 3ds, you must purchase the game on a hacked 3ds and install the save. Then perform a system transfer.

Plailect's guide will give more details, but I'm unsure if it has been updated for 11.2.

3. Alex3dss
    OP

Alex3dss I like sharing Japanese music

Aug 21, 2015
    Netherlands
    Location unknown
    Thnx for the reply
    I will try to find the software and shit needed for this downgrade.

4. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    Alex3dss likes this.
  5. Zaheed

Zaheed Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    I just downgraded a n3ds earlier using the plailect guide. It works on 11.2 ofw

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Usl5264 likes this.