Info for texture packers

SomberShroud

Trophies
Website
hifi4everyone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Happy to report images like this one that were previously dumped repeatedly will no longer appear in dumps. Dumping just got easier!
Sadly, still isn't upscaleable though.
Also, I don't think this change affects good dumps. only bad ones that couldn't be upscaled.
3e5245e271867307-3565bbbc0fc25756-00002693.png

kupo-on-gbatem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, I don't think this change affects good dumps. only bad ones that couldn't be upscaled.

I think it affects more dumps as someone might think at the first moment. Yesterday I wanted to sort my Flatout 2 textures. For that I disabled texture loading, so it dumps all textures, not only missing ones. After that in the sorting process I noticed that it created a bunch of new textures - actually no, it created old textures with new file names. They changed only in one number. Here is a small cutout of the new texture files:

Unbenannt.png

If you have texture loading enabled, no new textures will dump. pcsx2 will recognize that it's the textures you already have and will change the file name internally. That's what the dev has meant, when he wrote:

This will change texture replacement hashes. Any "old" region textures will transparently be converted to the new internal name format upon loading.

But if you disable texture loading it will dump the same textures with new file names, as you have seen in my screenshot. I think that's good to know, otherwise you could accidently blow up your texture pack with a lot of duplicates. I will check my texture packs for duplicates now, since I don't know if this was the first PR of this sort or if there have been more like that in the past.

Reactions: SomberShroud

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: