Homebrew infiniteloser

infiniteloser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently modded my 3ds with cfw and was wanting to know if it is safe to update the 3ds to 11.6 because I want the new vc pokemon games.

infiniteloser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also on an unrelated note. I have my 3ds with a physical copy of a game and my friend has a save on it is there any way to dump the save and put it on my friends 3ds with a digital copy. His 3ds also has cfw.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also on an unrelated note. I have my 3ds with a physical copy of a game and my friend has a save on it is there any way to dump the save and put it on my friends 3ds with a digital copy. His 3ds also has cfw.
Yes, easily. Extract the save file using JKSM. Then, you can import the save into the CIA-installed game using JKSM.

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you just want to move his save from the cart to his digital copy and leave the cart like new again use the official Nintendo app"Save Data Transfer Tool"

If not then use JK's Save Manager then inject the save into the Digital copy, doing that mind means he needs to have some way to run homebrew or CFW

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, as I've said many times before to other people, a cfw 3ds is no different than a regular 3ds besides a few extra patches and privileges. You could use your cfw 3ds as a vanilla 3ds if you so chose, and nobody could possibly know the difference unless they held select while booting to get into the luma config. You can play online use the eShop, miiverse etc. Even games that weren't obtained legitimately can play online and be updated just like regular games due to the fact that Nintendo lacks a proper account system on 3ds since it was shoehorned in halfway through it's life cycle.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

infiniteloser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using my phone and it reloaded is why it put my username i have no clue. Lol also thank you for the clarification on few it actually solved a nagging question in the back of my head.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste