I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone noticed since a certain site's section of downloads being closed (wink, wink) that there has been a large increase of really stupid posts? Is it just that it's a certain time of year for gbatemp? It's not just asking for rom sites but it's one word posts that make no sense, or questions that are already asked AND THAT ALREADY ASKED QUESTION IS THE FIRST TOPIC.

It makes me wonder if gbatemp has been secretly advertising on sites known for having extremely incompetent members *COUGH*gamefaqs, gaia*COUGH*

What do you guys think?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they're just stupid
wink.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The amount of stupidity has increased yes.
It may or may not be due to that certain specific site closing it's DS section down but even so we'll see an increase of that lot coming over to invade GBAtemp because that certain specific site can't really answer there questions, knowing full well half of their question are against the rules here aswell
dry.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've noticed a steady decrease in IQ levels for the last ten years in every walk of life. People seem to have abandoned the entire concept of intellectualism in favour of substance abuse and teenage pregnancy. Joy. Think about it. About 15 years ago when I was a kid, people could actually read and endevoured to do so to enhance their knowledge and make something of their lives. Now something as deeply retarded as the Crazy Frog can captivate the world for months on end while we all settle for trolley pushing jobs at the local supermarket. What the hell happened? Did Mother Nature suddenly run out of brain cells or something?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Blaze163 said:
I've noticed a steady decrease in IQ levels for the last ten years in every walk of life. People seem to have abandoned the entire concept of intellectualism in favour of substance abuse and teenage pregnancy. Joy. Think about it. About 15 years ago when I was a kid, people could actually read and endevoured to do so to enhance their knowledge and make something of their lives. Now something as deeply retarded as the Crazy Frog can captivate the world for months on end while we all settle for trolley pushing jobs at the local supermarket. What the hell happened? Did Mother Nature suddenly run out of brain cells or something?
Well, it seems like I'm not alone then.

I never imagined I'd find an intelligent post on GBAtemp. It just isn't possible.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ojsinnerz. said:
Blaze163 said:

I never imagined I'd find an intelligent post on GBAtemp. It just isn't possible.
QBOYPFT

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
ojsinnerz. said:
Blaze163 said:

QBOYPFT

I say we all start a petition for a 100% no dumbass policy on gbatemp. However, only 50-100 members (that's pushing it a little) would be left.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If everyone that voted in the IQ topic wasn't lying, we apparently have a community full of geniuses here! Now, they only need to prove that, because I don't believe we have THAT MANY people with an IQ over 140.

D

Deleted_171835

DeltaBurnt said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
ojsinnerz. said:
Blaze163 said:

QBOYPFT

I say we all start a petition for a 100% no dumbass policy on gbatemp. However, only 50-100 members (that's pushing it a little) would be left.
50-100 members is certainly not enough. There are a lot more idiots on the Temp. How would you enforce this policy? Idiots are a fact of life. Even on a small community with a distinct identity. Do you tell the idiots upfront that their a "dumbass" and shouldn't post or do you ban them?

I have said to some Tempers (not well-known) that they're idiots. Particularly one that tends to reside in the EoF. They're idiots. That's the way they are. They're definitely not going to change anytime soon. This doesn't just apply to the Temp. When I came to GBAtemp in '09, it was an okay place. Most of the people were nice and actually spoke intelligently. By Christmas '09, a ton of stupid people signed up for GBAtemp. A month later, most of them left to some other corner of the internet. Just deal with them. Or it could just be the old-fashioned age problem. Some 7 year-old comes here pretending to be some 20 year old who comes across as an idiot.

tl;dr: We can't do a thing. They're idiots and that's a fact of life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo