Incorrect HDD reading, WTF...

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by synce, Jan 31, 2011.

1. synce
    OP

synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

Nov 5, 2009
    United States
    Earlier today my PS3 was telling me there was only 19GB left on my hard drive when I knew it was definitely twice that. Just a while ago I FTP'd a 20GB+ game and it wouldn't complete. Of course the PS3 said 0KB left... So I deleted some shit and it's still at 0KB. What do I do now? Seen anything like this?

2. xraven13

xraven13 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2009
    Croatia
    I wanted to say that you format it, but then I figured out its problem in PS3 internal HDD ^^

3. synce
    OP

synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

Nov 5, 2009
    United States
    Yeah I don't think it's HDD related... Maybe it's a bug in kmeaw CFW. Either that or it was caused by Multiman, which I started using right before this problem occurred. Right now my PS3 might as well be bricked because I can't write anything to the HDD.

EDIT: Nevermind, a quick format did the trick after all. According to some peeps the HDD was corrupted somehow

4. GNkyrios

GNkyrios Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2010
    Cote d'Ivoire
    what the quick format, or restore file system actually do? in case i have some trouble like this i dont want to risk the content on my HDD somehow

5. famousginni

famousginni GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2008
    Canada
    LOL Same shit happened to the internal memory of my Wii after installing too many channels. I had 0 blocks of space for a while... even after deleting a channel. But after deleting like half of the channels I installed (3) it wasn't zero anymore.. Dunno why it does that but yeah. [​IMG]