Incognito

incognito
Wipes personal information from your Nintendo Switch by removing it from prodinfo.

purpose
a) So your switch can go online without worrying about a ban or using random dogdy DNS servers that are also likely to get you banned.

b) so malicious homebrew applications cannot steal your personal certificate.

disclaimer
Always have a nand backup. I am not responsible for any bricks or bans. Use at your own risk, experimental.

This application backs up your prodinfo to the SD root, you should keep this backup in a more secure location, and not leave it on the SD card where malicious applications can read it.

https://github.com/blawar/incognito

edit: atmosphere blocks writes to CAL0, so you must use ReiNX or SX OS to install this. Once installed, you can switch back to atmosphere.

Cogn_mode-225x225.png

SynnyG_R

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. Yes.

2. Yes. To install or restore, use either SXOS (licensed or not licensed) or ReiNX.

3. If you need a tutorial, you probably shouldn't play around with HacDiskMount.

I wasn't planning on using it, I was just curious in case of ;) Is there any general tutorials about it or links where I can learn more about it ?
Anyway thanks for having took the time to reply to me ;)

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't planning on using it, I was just curious in case of ;) Is there any general tutorials about it or links where I can learn more about it ?
Anyway thanks for having took the time to reply to me ;)

I am not aware of a tutorial. It’s kind of self explanatory.

Rory Kinape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last year I made a clean NAND backup.
Since then, I enabled airplane mode, installed CFW and messed with homebrew and stuff and never went online.
I assume my system is full of homebrew logs.
If at this point I use Incognito, will it prevent those old logs (that have been generated when I had a valid PRODINFO) to be sent? Or it only prevents new logs from being sent?
In other words, should I restore my clean NAND backup, use Incognito and only then go online?

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last year I made a clean NAND backup.
Since then, I enabled airplane mode, installed CFW and messed with homebrew and stuff and never went online.
I assume my system is full of homebrew logs.
If at this point I use Incognito, will it prevent those old logs (that have been generated when I had a valid PRODINFO) to be sent? Or it only prevents new logs from being sent?
In other words, should I restore my clean NAND backup, use Incognito and only then go online?

Restore your clean NAND first.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I’m about to use this I could do with a few questions answering please do I just run this once on cfw on a new factory reset switch mines 4.1.0 and that’s it? or do I have to run it every time I want to go online also if I want to update my switch via network or ChoiDujournx do I have reinstall the prodinfo.bin before I update or do I just go ahead and update? and then run it again on the new firmware. Basically do I just run this the once and leave it?

Last edited by Reecey,

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m about to use this I could do with a few questions answering please do I just run this once on cfw on a new factory reset switch mines 4.1.0 and that’s it? or do I have to run it every time I want to go online also if I want to update my switch via network or ChoiDujournx do I have reinstall the prodinfo.bin before I update or do I just go ahead and update? and then run it again on the new firmware. Basically do I just run this the once and leave it?

One and done

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
One and done
Thanks for the straight answer I have a brand new factory switch on 4.1.0 am I best to run this now on a clean cfw nsw before I update it because I’ve got too update it or via emunand option update and then run it? Sorry I’m really not sure it’s all new to me.

Edit: so once this has ran you can use your games online without a ban?

Last edited by Reecey,

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
This is just asking for people to brick their Switches....
Also, if you try to connect with this, there is a shit ton more that Nintendo can check to get your switch banned and not just your prodinfo, I mean this is whats get written in the error log and gets sent to Nintendo:
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Error_Report_services

So they probably can ban you on your Mac address on the wifi-card if they so wish.
Also, what @blawar is talking about are DNS switches/leaks, and that isn't something that just happens magically. You ALWAYS take a risk using hacks. 90DNS works perfectly fine and I trust them more over this quite dangerous application.
Also, fucking shame on you! You learn mostly MORE at home than you do professionally and DNSes aren't really something hard to setup...

If you really want to go Online and still block Nintendo, setup your own OpenDNS if you don't trust 90DNS.

Discrediting a person based on learning stuff at home, wow... just baffles my mind.

The Switch WiFi card don't have MAC address assigned on his firmware, the MAC address it's setted by the switch firmware at boot (and probably stored on prod info), so I think that they can't "identify" by the WiFi card, anyways as you said, they can use another serial of his hardware (I don't know all about the Switch hardware) but I can trust that the WiFi chip don't have MAC address.

I agree with you, I don't think that we can consider this tool or this method safe, because this is only one part of telemetry system, still a lot of logs and data that should be cleared before come online.

As I always say, if you care for your Switch and you like prevent the ban, nand backup/restore each time that you switch between OFW and CFW.

I like to add my opinion here about the disrespect to other projects, I don't trust on 90DNS or any public DNS that isn't managed by myself, but I don't think that the project, the autor and his collaborators deserve this disrespect, I gona think that it's just a "funny announcement" but don't allow attacks between projects, I fully trust on you Pneuma xP

Finally, I should said thanks and congratulations to the author, I don't gona use it, but I consider that any project (including minimal projects) deserve it, not only bring new functionalities to the scene, it can be used too for learn and inspiration for new projects.

Last edited by Chocola,
Reactions: Clockdryve

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of drama in here lately.

Nintendo could sneak past 90DNS by connecting directly to an IP address or any other way that doesn't need DNS. They could bypass Incognito by using an insecure connection and I'm sure they could get around the info not being in ProdInfo to identify your switch.

My reason for not using 90DNS is because the switch can connect to open wifi automatically (no password entry) and I have to remember the DNS info every time I switch wifi ap.

I use Inconito because it's convenient, rebooting to a different CFW one time is far more convenient than plugging in DNS info for every wifi I use. I also don't have to worry about accidentally connecting to open wifi.

Use what you're comfortable using, I don't understand the need to bash one way or the other, they both work good enough for now.

LapCheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Nintendo could sneak past 90DNS by connecting directly to an IP address or any other way that doesn't need DNS. They could bypass Incognito by using an insecure connection and I'm sure they could get around the info not being in ProdInfo to identify your switch.

My reason for not using 90DNS is because the switch can connect to open wifi automatically (no password entry) and I have to remember the DNS info every time I switch wifi ap.

I use Inconito because it's convenient, rebooting to a different CFW one time is far more convenient than plugging in DNS info for every wifi I use. I also don't have to worry about accidentally connecting to open wifi.

Use what you're comfortable using, I don't understand the need to bash one way or the other, they both work good enough for now.

Have you experience that with 90dns network transfer is slower? That is the mine reason i wanna restore my nand then install incognito

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you experience that with 90dns network transfer is slower? That is the mine reason i wanna restore my nand then install incognito

yup, host your own 90dns, otherwise, you're going hit a server (gdrive, aws, onedrive, etc) in the region of the public 90dns.

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How likely is it that when you put your prodinfo back, that you will get a ban due to telemetry not being sent yet since when you didn't have the prodinfo it didn't send it?
Meaning you will always have to revert back to a clean nand backup before you go online again.

Clockdryve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't opened the App yet (still Atmosphere) - is there a reinstall the system ID with this same program?

(FOUND) answer....just had to look at an earlier entry *can't find it now....but it was there.

How I Do Such Dumb Things :-)

Last edited by Clockdryve,

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The info in ProdInfo is the unique data Nintendo uses to ban. Nulling it out gives Nintendo nothing to uniquely identify your Switch in order to issue a ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass