mike1984

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so i'm in the market for a new flash cart. My R4 is working great so far and have had no problems. My sister just got a DS and she also needs a flash card. She is not a techy so she needs something that is extremely easy to use, not expensive, and that has a high compatibility. Now, apparently the R4 is the "worst card on the market" as I have been told by someone on this board. It's true that I haven't been around here in a many a months but has the R4 gotten really that bad? Last time I was here, the R4 was king of the hill! Anyways, what I may do is give her my R4, and keep the new flash card for myself.

Now, what do you all suggest I purchase? Keep in mind price is a major factor and so is compatibility. Please name the card, its price (roughly) and the reason why I would purchase it! Thanks guys!

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I recommend either an M3 Real or an Acekard 2/2i/2.1. I personally like the M3 Real the best but Acekard is a decent cart. Also there is CycloDS, EDGE, DSTT, and moar. Just browse the forums and look at the specifications of different carts and find out which one suits your needs the most.

berkley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
16 and 32 are SDHC, everythong over 2gb are SDHC upto 32... and get a cyclo simplest, and best but a bit pricy $60 but thing about it if your gonna pirate all your games it's worth it to get a better card.

mike1984

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks guys. So far, the AceKard 2 looks like the winner. What is the difference between the 2 and 2i besides the DSi support?

Also, how big a memory card can the Ace2 support?

luan87us

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mike1984 said:
Thanks guys. So far, the AceKard 2 looks like the winner. What is the difference between the 2 and 2i besides the DSi support?

Also, how big a memory card can the Ace2 support?

I think the AceKard 2 will suite your sister the best. I've recently gotten a DSL too and was looking for a flashcart to buy. After many researches I think Acekard 2 has all that you required. As for the 2i and regular 2 version there isn't much different except physical build. They both use same firmware so same functions, and the AK 2i is currently not support 3in1 pack (so no GBA). In case you're wondering where to find good deals here are some retailers that I think is good and cheap price:
dealextreme.com (lowest price, based in HongKong, free shipping but is quite long) (AK2 is only $11.xx but OOS)
stuffs4kids.com (low price, based in USA, not free shipping but fast) (I ordered my AK2 from here for $24.xx shipped)
5thdemesionstore.com (low price, based in CA, free shipping, but only accept paypal)

good luck pal!

Static Vision

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After spending some time reading all the reviews I have come to the conclusion that there are far to many choices these days. I assumed there would be one clear leader in the flash cart market but it seems a lot of teams have put out good engineering lately.

I am stuck on these three options and have things I like and dislike about all of them.

SuperCard DS One - I like that this is a feature rich card boasting solid construction quality. Quality of the card is very important to me. File structure, navigation, and management appears excellent and you can create your own folders.

CycloDS Evolution - The CycloDS appears to have the best GUI and file management. It is very clean and allows you to create your own folder hierarchy on your microSD card. In theory the in-game menu sounds amazing and I am very curious to see this all in action. The cheats being saved in a database that is easily accessed is very convenient and I believe this is exclusive to their card only. Correct me if I am wrong here. I feel this is the card I want the most but it is also the most expensive and its construction is not of the highest caliber.

DSTT - The DSTT has a lot I like about the SuperCard DS One without the high price tag. The thing I hate the most here is the GUI looks sub par and file management lacking.

How is support for all of these three cards? Are they still actively developed and used in the community? Do any of these carts have improved or new features not present at time of review? Any CycloDS owners care to share their first hand experience after spending some time with the card? Same goes for SuperCard DS One and DSTT owners. Let me hear your impressions.

luan87us

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
without a doubt cyclods is the best flashcart available ATM. It has rts, rtc, rtg which I think the super card de one also offer. As far as I know cycloss and scds one stil have active support/dev team. As for the dstt I haven't heard much about it. If you willing to pay $40-50 then I think cyclods is your best contender but if you don't mind a little less feature you can go for a sdds one. Both are good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyY0Z_U09mk