Hacking In need of help! USB loader issues.

adam_the_1st

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have an original launch Wii, and have had it soft-modded for a long time now. I had typically been using USBloaderGX and had recently started playing with WiiMC. Sometime a couple weeks ago I went to load up Super Mario galaxy for some quick fun and found that my USB loader wouldn't start. I had a few other on my SD (WiiFlow Coverfloader CFGloader and NeoGamma) and it seemed none would work. I found out when trying to fix the problem that the game would eventually show but it took about 5 minutes and then they won't start.

The only thing I think I did that may have cause this was install WiiMC cios202.

In order to fix the problem I have tried.

Hermes cios202, ciosx v20, trucha bug restorer, removing old unused IOS (4,16,20) and a few other things.

The drive read fine in my PC (WD passport 320gb) and I have tried it it bot FAT32 and WBFS. Also the game load alright off my SD, but I wiould obvious prefer my HDD as I only have a 4gb SD.

I have searched for hours and havent had the slightest success. Can anyone shed some wisdom.

Thank you.

adam_the_1st

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried the entire hermes guide with 202, and 222 and 223, and even redid 236 didnt help. I can see how his uLoader would be any different when not anyone of the others has worked, but I suppose I can try. Thanx

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
adam_the_1st said:
Same issues with uLoader. Although I determined my port is fine because movie still load super quick in WiiMC.
OK, sounds like the WBFS parition is broken... Move a small game from wbfs to fat32 with wii backup manager and try it with configurable usb loader if the game works from fat32...

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
Im sure you can check (and possibly repair) WBFS partitions for corruption with Wimms WBFS tools. I'm not sure how precise this is but may be worth trying.

Good Luck.

adam_the_1st

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried in fat32 and the drive still won't read properly. It there anyway I can do some kind of "re-install"

note: I restored my bootmii backup, and that didn't fix things either.

Amarok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmmm, does the drive have power save when it;s not being used?

I have a WD MyBook Essential and had to turn off powersaving in WD Smartware for my HDD to work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work