OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I downloaded a 100% complete save for Mario Kart Wii because I hate playing those 50cc and 100cc all over again. It can be copied to my virgin Wii with PussieLoader and it does work and I can change my Mii to it and everything but I can't play online with it! It gives the basic internet error and tells me to check network settings. Shop channel works so the problem is in Mario Kart. I live in Finland and the save is from Europe somewhere so it should work.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure about this, but could the issue perhaps be that Friend Code is stored in save? I dunno if it is or not, but if it is, that may be the issue. AFAIK, there's some sort of algorithm that uses a bunch of keys from your wii to calculate a game's friend code, including your wii's friend code (for message board) and some other things exclusive to your wii. it probably checks these and realizes you can't have the friend code in the save you downloaded.

If you can work out were in the save the friend code is (my advice is check the friend code on the wii in the game if you can, then if possible dump your Wii's keys and use FE100 to decrypt the gamesave, and search in content.bin in a hex editor for the friend code from the save.), then you could make a new save on your Wii, let it generate a friend code, and then do the same to it and copy the new friend code to the old save.

This is all assuming that the friend code IS the issue, and that it is stored in the savegame. Before trying all this, my advice is this: delete the save, and see if you can go online by generating your own friend code.

EDIT: OK, I have been looking around for info pretty much since I posted this and have finally found some useful info. Your friend code and friend list are stored in the NET0.bin and NET1.bin files in the save. If you decrypt the downloaded save and a save made by yourself on your Wii, and then put the NET0.bin and NET1.bin in the downloaded save, then re-encrypt it, it should all work nicely. The only problem is I think you'll need the keys from the original Wii the save was made by to be able to decrypt it.

EDIT: Little more reading, and I think you can do it without the keys. Just install the downloaded save on your Wii, use Savegame Manager to dump it, delete the save from wii, copy dump to computer, make new save, generate friend code, dump new save with Savegame Manager, copy NET0 and NET1 from second save's dump to the downloaded save's dump, copy downloaded save's dump to SD card, install with Savegame Manager. Then all should be good. However, seeing as you have a virgin Wii, you may need to (temporarily at least) install a patched IOS. If that's an issue, I don't think you can get this working.

cafevincent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
SifJar said:
I'm not sure about this, but could the issue perhaps be that Friend Code is stored in save? I dunno if it is or not, but if it is, that may be the issue. AFAIK, there's some sort of algorithm that uses a bunch of keys from your wii to calculate a game's friend code, including your wii's friend code (for message board) and some other things exclusive to your wii. it probably checks these and realizes you can't have the friend code in the save you downloaded.

If you can work out were in the save the friend code is (my advice is check the friend code on the wii in the game if you can, then if possible dump your Wii's keys and use FE100 to decrypt the gamesave, and search in content.bin in a hex editor for the friend code from the save.), then you could make a new save on your Wii, let it generate a friend code, and then do the same to it and copy the new friend code to the old save.

This is all assuming that the friend code IS the issue, and that it is stored in the savegame. Before trying all this, my advice is this: delete the save, and see if you can go online by generating your own friend code.

EDIT: OK, I have been looking around for info pretty much since I posted this and have finally found some useful info. Your friend code and friend list are stored in the NET0.bin and NET1.bin files in the save. If you decrypt the downloaded save and a save made by yourself on your Wii, and then put the NET0.bin and NET1.bin in the downloaded save, then re-encrypt it, it should all work nicely. The only problem is I think you'll need the keys from the original Wii the save was made by to be able to decrypt it.

EDIT: Little more reading, and I think you can do it without the keys. Just install the downloaded save on your Wii, use Savegame Manager to dump it, delete the save from wii, copy dump to computer, make new save, generate friend code, dump new save with Savegame Manager, copy NET0 and NET1 from second save's dump to the downloaded save's dump, copy downloaded save's dump to SD card, install with Savegame Manager. Then all should be good. However, seeing as you have a virgin Wii, you may need to (temporarily at least) install a patched IOS. If that's an issue, I don't think you can get this working.

Oh dear.
unsure.gif
Maybe I'll just pay 20€ for someone to complete the 50 and 100cc for me instead. Thank you a lot for your research and kindness!

Fear_the_Tubes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a ocarina code for unlocking everything. Create a new save file and launch the game from a loader that supports cheat codes. When you select that save file it will unlock everything for you and you'll be able to go online with it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fear_the_Tubes said:
There is a ocarina code for unlocking everything. Create a new save file and launch the game from a loader that supports cheat codes. When you select that save file it will unlock everything for you and you'll be able to go online with it.

lol, that would make life much easier.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
setup bannerbomb's /private folder on the root of your sd card. put the boot.dol from GeckoOS on the root of your card. get a .gct file for the cheats and put them in ??? /cheats/ ??? or /codes/ ??? not exactly sure right now, on the root of your sd card.

go to the SD card menu and a message will pop up. start the application and you choose there to use cheats and hooktype. default should be ok for hooktype. make sure cheats are enabled.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just download Gecko OS, and put its boot.dol on the root, the way you did with the previous homebrew you ran. Then run bannerbomb.

However, first you need to get the cheat code. Not 100% sure on the process for this, but I think it involves a Code Downloader and a Code Manager. Hopefully someone else can help further.

EDIT: megazig beat me to it.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use codemgr.exe. it lets you turn txt cheat files into gct files using your pc. then just grab a txt file from the database, select your codes, and generate a gct file. thats how we did it back in the day.

cafevincent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
giantpune said:
use codemgr.exe. it lets you turn txt cheat files into gct files using your pc. then just grab a txt file from the database, select your codes, and generate a gct file. thats how we did it back in the day.

That's just it, I can't find that cheat anywhere in any format whatsoever. I've been searching for hours, so far I found the code from one place in TXT but it was for the US version.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here's the code:
Code:
Ultimate License Unlocker [mdmwii]
48000000 809BD748
DE000000 90009380
5A010000 000000AC
60000003 00000001
6000001F 00000000
14000000 00000100
18000004 00000000
20180004 00000000
5A010000 00000070
62000000 00000000
5A010000 00008188
14000000 FFFFFFFF
14000004 031FFFFC
5A010000 00000468
62000000 00000001
E0000000 80008000

Taken from http://geckocodes.org/index.php?c=RMCP01

EDIT: And as I'm such a nice guy, here's a GCT file with that code only: http://www.mediafire.com/?kzzzdxgnja5

cafevincent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Well I got the GeckoOS v1.9.3.1 and got it running with the gct file in codes dir. It seems the settings are correct by default in GeckoOS, the hooktype is set to default and cheats are on. However, when I launch the (original) game I get an exception (DSI) error. This happens even if I turn off cheats and hooktype. Weird.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer