Import Powersave Backup into a ROM with GW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Equin0xxx, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Equin0xxx
    OP

Equin0xxx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hello fellow users,

I got an emergency. I lost about 70h of progress in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (using a ROM with GW), because my Flashcart flew out of my N3DS and my last save was 70h ago ... (my fault I know). Now because I don't want to grind so much again, my friend offered his edited save. He is using a retail card with Powersave. The Backup he exports is a .bin file. Is there any way I could use his Powersavebackup with my GW card? (savedatafiler etc.). I found this https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...oras-saves-to-gateway-with-powersaves.378513/ . It seems like someone has done it with pokemon already. Is there anybody out there who could help me trying this on Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate? Or is the .bin file working with savedatafiler and I can just use it as it is? I would be super glad if there is any way to get this working.

(I can't directly backup the retail game with GW because my friend would have to send me his cartridge [not living nearby])

I hope you guys can help. I believe in you!

2. CIAwesome526

CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    The Lake, Kalos Region
  3. Equin0xxx
    OP

Equin0xxx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    Gambia, The
    oh dang, didn't know he was gonna ask for me. I think the second thread can be closed ^^"

4. CIAwesome526

Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    The Lake, Kalos Region
    would that be this thread or his thread. i also replied in his thread, check it out.

5. Equin0xxx
    OP

Equin0xxx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I guess this one, tho I left some more information here. I checked out your answer, but I think it was not with this extra information in mind :)

6. CIAwesome526

Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    The Lake, Kalos Region
    Nvm, saw your post in the other thread.

7. Equin0xxx
    OP

Equin0xxx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    Gambia, The

He would have to send me his cartridge, which is not really an option for him (I can understand). If it would be that easy, I wouldn't be asking :b The only thing I have is his uploaded backup from powersave.

8. CIAwesome526

Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    The Lake, Kalos Region
    Yeah, I saw your post in the other thread, I then went updated my post in this thread.

9. Equin0xxx
    OP

Equin0xxx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    Gambia, The

This 2-thread thing becomes complicated :wacko:

Maybe a mod here minding to combine the threads?