IMGburn won't read GigaWare DV-R?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by saison, Mar 23, 2010.

Mar 23, 2010
  1. saison
    OP

Member saison GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So I just bought some DVD-R GigaWare discs and I was gonna burn this Multi-GC ISO onto it. But IMGburn wouldn't read the disc, it just kept my drivers blank. They're brand new discs, and I'm pretty sure it's not the discs' fault.

Any reason why it's doing this? And is there a better, free, burning program that will be applicable for my GC ISOs?

2. PythonEater

Newcomer PythonEater Newbie

United States
    ImgBurn is by far the best free image burning software I've ever found. You could give the trial of Alcohol 120% a shot to see if it's just the program. It could be the discs, and it could also your DVD burner. Try burning to another DVD to see if that works.

3. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    More than likely it is a case of cheap media and not Imgburn's fault. Trying another burning application won't help. You could try updating your dvd burners firmware (if there is an update), it can help with recognizing problem discs.

Either that get better quality media next time.

4. saison
    OP

United States
    Tried out the Alcohol 120% demo and it resulted the same, but through it's easier to navigate GUI, I found out that my DVD drive doesn't read DVD-R... What a bish, eh?

5. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

[​IMG] DVD DRIVE!? or DVD BURNER?!

are you getting confused here? [​IMG]

Please don't tell us your putting a blank DVD-R disk in your DVD rom drive and hoping it will read/burn a blank disk [​IMG]

try burning at a lower speed if its not working at the speed its rated at try half the burn speed rate!

6. saison
    OP

United States
    Um.... My parents used to burn DVD's no problem, so I was assuming it would work the same with a game's ISO...

7. steve-p

Member steve-p GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    make & model of burner please.
    there may be a hacked firmware to do + and - disks.