im done with microsoft

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,136
  • Replies 21
D

Deleted User

OP
ive installed windws 8.1 pro using usb and everything is awesome but there is one thing...I CANT ACTIVATE IT USING MY PRODUCT KEY IT KEEPS GIVING ME EROOR 0XC004C003 AND I CANT ACTIVATE IT SO ANY ONE HELP ME BECAUSE I DID EVERYTHING AND DID ALOT OF RESEARCHES I HAVENT SELPT FOR AN ENTIRE DAY JUST FIXING THIS OS SO PLEASE HELP ME

D

Deleted User

OP
That probably means the key is only valid for that laptop. If you're trying to install it to the same laptop, your laptop manufacturer may have a recovery partition to let you reinstall.
how do I do it? I saw it while installing windows but how do I reinstall it?

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's likely that the key is no longer valid as you have surrendered the license to use Windows 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10. So you may have to go with KMS activation rout.

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usually on boot up, before anything appears on screen, hold or tap, F8, F9, or F11, usually for the recovery menu. another but not recommended option is to have it shut down improperly to where it asks if you want to use safe mode or just boot normally.

it usually tells you what key presses are available during the first initial screen that pops up, whether it be manufacture or the mother board logo.

from personal experience, if it was a compaq/HP laptop, and you just restored to factory settings, it would be listed under search as "hp recovery tool" or something of the like. if it was just a fresh install, and from my understanding it is, then if you can access the recovery driver if its still listed, then go into it, and look for an .exe that should be of a like name to recovery tool, just dont go clicking all willynilley as you could still potentially mess with something though very unlikely. anyway google is always a good compaion, and listing laptop model and original OS might help some tempers help you solve the problem.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just call and do a phone activation, that will probably work and if needed you can talk to someone to help with the situation.

another solution: just install Windows 7, activate with daz loader, then upgrade to Windows 10. Bam, instant genuine Windows 10.

Reactions: Ricken

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, this is too funny.
So, what you have done thus far.
You managed to screw up you original 8.1 by screwing up a windows 10 upgrade that resulted in further issues. (Probably a lingering virus that changes what it was doing when you upgraded or something you did to it after upgrade)
And then you screwed up a downgrade that should have been simple but somehow you managed to screw that up too.
Now youve done a complete reinstall and since your product key has transferred to windows 10 you cant use it for 8.1 now.
Alright, the funny stuff is over now. Either get windows 10 usb install feom microsoft and reinstall that or find a kick ass torrent site and download kms activated windows 8.1 (make sure you know if your pc is 32 bit or 64bit you can do this by either already knowing or tell us your processor)
Take your kms activated 8.1 and upgrade it to windows 10.
Or stay on 8.1 i dont care going to 10 will legitamize your install.
No worries if you dont it will function as kms forever.
If you need some more help please post in thos thread instead of creating another one each time. But lets get you back up and running. Easiest way os to go for the kms activated. Then youll need to hardwire your pc to the internet as your wireless drivers may not be there. Although they might come in the prepackage though. While you are there be sure to get the full 8.1 pro with office pro kms activated as well. If you are gonna go the way of piracy go for everything.
And if you are truly done with microsoft then lets get you set up for dual boot with an easy linux like ubuntu. (As a normal user you will always want windows to use when needed but adding linux to your life will help you out)

Last edited by FaTaL_ErRoR,
Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

OP
Lol, this is too funny.
You managed to screw up you original 8.1 by screwing up a windows 10 upgrade that resulted in further issues. (Probably a lingering virus that changes what it was doing when you upgraded or something you did to it after upgrade)
And then you screwed up a downgrade that should have been simple but somehow you managed to screw that up too.
Now youve done a complete reinstall and since your product key has transferred to windows 10 you cant use it for 8.1 now.
Alright, the funny stuff is over now. Either get windows 10 usb install feom microsoft and reinstall that or find a kick ass torrent site and download kms activated windows 8.1 (make sure you know if your pc is 32 bit or 64bit you can do this by either already knowing or tell us your processor)
If you need some more help please post in thos thread instead of creating another one each time. But lets get you back up and running. Easiest way os to go for the kms activated. Then youll need to hardwire your pc to the internet as your wireless drivers may not be there. Although they might come in the prepackage though. While you are there be sure to get the full 8.1 pro with office pro kms activated as well. If you are gonna go the way of piracy go for everything.
And if you are truly done with microsoft then lets get you set up for dual boot with an easy linux like ubuntu. (As a normal user you will always want windows to use when needed but adding linux to your life will help you out)
Lol, this is too funny.
Lol, this is too funny.
do u have skype or anything cuz i have to tell u some stuff but i cant say it here ok?

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do u have skype or anything cuz i have to tell u some stuff but i cant say it here ok?
Really? If you dont link to anything torrent/pirate related you can pretty much type anything you want. I dont use skype. I dont use anything personal on anything I have on the web. Too many ppl looking to cash in.
And honestly you should be careful skyping with strangers from a site filled with script kiddies. (As in there are numerous
Programs around that involve the use of skype to exploit the other users pc) and if you are embarrassed about something well dont be. At some point or another we've all done something dumb at one point or another that resulted in screwing up our os. I remember making changes to my public server and killing the entire OS resulting in the server going offline. Took me a bit to get it going again because i was green and didnt have a backup. Resulted in a few thousand dollars loss. All in all shit happens. You are going to get made fun of for screwing up. Its the internet. Get over that part and learn from your mistake.

Last edited by FaTaL_ErRoR,
Reactions: a9lh-1user

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is most likely because the key you are using has been blocked considering everyone is probably using the same key. Look up "Windows 8.1 Product Keys" and there is a link which will take you to a facebook page. Use those. Those are the most reliable product keys imo.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
And honestly you should be careful skyping with strangers from a site filled with script kiddies. (As in there are numerous
Programs around that involve the use of skype to exploit the other users pc)
That's some sweet, sweet paranoia right there. Got any proof? The IP resolving APIs aren't even working anymore, so I'd love to see one of these super scary, 1337 Skype h3kr tools.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's some sweet, sweet paranoia right there. Got any proof? The IP resolving APIs aren't even working anymore, so I'd love to see one of these super scary, 1337 Skype h3kr tools.
Lol, people rat eachother all the time through skype. If you dont believe that then wanna skype?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans