?

Are you Satisfied with the Switch?

This poll will close on May 21, 2020 at 5:03 AM.
  1. 100%

39.6%
  2. 75%

33.5%
  3. 50%

18.0%
  4. 25%

7.0%
  5. 0%

1.9%
  1. Boesy

Boesy GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    BotW is a bit empty, but Nintendo could have implemented online play.

Players could have played mini games and just randomly connect online to see other players. An archery game to see who's the best and a horse racing or bike racing (DLC) would have been really cool, but nope. They didn't.

2. vree

vree GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    While that indeed could have been really fun. It would still be the same sandbox and have some mp fun like minecraft.

I rather they focus on more actual single player content + story and puzzles. And ofcouse a less death evironment. I rather have a small map filled with single player content than a gigantic empty map.

Last edited by vree, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Hinaru77

Hinaru77 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Lol. Pokemon, Hacking, and for playing. And because I got 3 sister so we can all play together

4. horokeusama

horokeusama GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Going through all your arguments here, and keep in mind that I am one of those people that aren't satisfied with the current Switch state.

-Still no new Mario Kart entry.

MK8D still is the best selling Switch game. Nintendo would be just dumb to make a new game in the series that would just canibalize the sells of a product that's still doing well.

- Still no new Mario Bros entry.

At this point you are the only person (besides children) who still cares about NSMB. I'd change my mind if they made an actually new side-scrolling Mario with assets that aren't the same since the Wii.

-Where the fuck is Wind Walker HD and TP HD?
    Have to agree on this one. Maybe they're saving them for a slow month with no actual big titles. Or won't release them at all. Who knows.

-Quality, Bending Switch, Joycon Drift, Scratching Docks
    Certainly the main problem together with lack of relevant games on the past few months, but bending switches and scratched docks are certainly tied to bad usage rather than actual manufacturing issues lol

- No Virtual Console
    Yeah... I don't even open the NES and SNES apps anymore. Already replayed LttP and called it a day. NES games aren't even nostalgic to be, they're just plain bad imo.

- A proper Mario Party
    I don't think any MP game they make nowadays would be as fun as they were until the gamecube. Being a kid helped a lot and with smartphones, people get bored pretty easy. It is amazing how well SMP sells until this day, not even an average game to begin with.

- No game Invite System or any kind of Social Platform.
    Don't expect any of this in the Switch. Nintendo is trying its best to keep the game as simple as possible. I don't like it either.

- No themes
    Same as above, they don't even care.

- Labo (Nintendo just being Nintendo and I love it)
    - Ring fit adventure, pretty cool.

Funny, I don't like neither of those. But it's something that goes from people to people I guess.

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  5. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Notice how OP wrote "new Mario Bros. entry" - that is, "new" wasn't capitalised. OP might not have been talking about the New Super Mario Bros. series, of which I personally only like one entry - NSMB2. OP might've been talking about Mario Bros. in general, in which yeah - the only Switch-exclusive Mario game is Odyssey, and that's far from a Mario Bros. game.

felix.200 and Der_Blockbuster like this.
  6. horokeusama

horokeusama GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    I thought that he was talking especifically about NSMB because he developed his argument a little bit but yeah, if they make a new 2D Mario, at least do it with new assets, as I said before. Most people expect that.

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  7. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Hardly anyone wil be jumping up and down for another 2d mario but a 2d scrolling zelda would be breaking beds :lol:

horokeusama likes this.
  8. Der_Blockbuster

OP Der_Blockbuster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Haven't actually thought about this but you are probably right about the Mario Kart Situation. A new entry would literally just kill the old one. That's why I probably take a bet that we might only see, if any, new dlc's. But who knows.

I don't know how you want to backup your claim that the bending and scratches are coming from bad handling but OK.

Yeah I feel the same about Mario Party.
    Im hindsight I'd probably name this thread, the switch is good but it could be great.

I'm kinda desperate for a Nintendo direct... I need to get hyped up for something, it just feels like this console is moving at a very slow pace. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

9. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    It does seem ther are people out ther expecting a new nintendo made game every couple of weeks - I think you should do a Google and list every nintendo made game down for the switch and exclusives like astral chain and indies like golf story - I bet thers over half you've not pld

10. horokeusama

horokeusama GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Nintendo recently removed the Direct session from their website. So, probably Doug Bowser wants a new approach.

11. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Last edited by Rahkeesh, Feb 28, 2020
  12. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
  13. HitBattousai

HitBattousai Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    While not perfect(and nothing is), I am 100% satisfied with the Switch. In particular, the eShop has become a fairly insane platform for indie games in relatively short order and the quality coupled with the portability is tough to beat. I wear glasses to play games on the TV and being able to play the Switch in bed without glasses is low-key awesome from my perspective. If there's any one thing I would improve, which I think will happen more anyway due to the Switch Lite's release, it's a better focus on optimizing handheld mode for Switch games.

14. pr0dukt

pr0dukt Member
    Newcomer

United States
    LOL This thread is hilarious, i don't even think the OP truly believes that, and is only feeling momentary bitterness that's entirely subjective to their general view on the switch, which does happen occasionally even when the reality of something is moving in a positive way ... It's not difficult to understand your current disappointment when taking your personal perspective in account. You're not satisfied that your wishes weren't granted in the order and timing you'd want them to be. Though try spinning the chessboard around. and re-evaluating.

Realistically, the switch is doing fantastically. Its library is in a constant state of influx, it's getting cross-console ports-galore, that you can find at anytime on hbg or on the NinShop , so there is no shortage on a vast collection to play through and to boot we are diligently moving the switchhax scene forward in-line with the FW releases. Which in-turn is keeping things fresh for the console. Alot more than can be said for the poor dead horse that is the PS4 right now. (R.I.P. Hen)
    There is so much flexibility with this console, its not even funny. Even it's emulation arsenal is making steady progress through libretro's efforts. While yeah, It isn't perfect. Naturally, nothing ever is. Though in retrospect to the plethora of pros the console wields, the cons just don't hold a whole lot of weight. Even when taken from a completely objective standpoint and just comparing it's advances in all these fields in comparison to past gen-consoles that 'truly' failed by definition. The Switch has legs to stand on in a debate. Plain and simple.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course. Though you're largely wrong, in your reasoning for 'why' the switch is 'failing'.
    Pessimism happens though, so it's all good. You do you. Eventually maybe you'll come to enjoy the switch and all its freedom, with the rest of us. ^_^

Scrydan and Der_Blockbuster like this.
  15. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    What are you 10 years old or something lol when you say things like noone should listen to you

16. MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola Xbox Connoisseur

Canada
    Yep tl;dr

17. Jokiz

Jokiz GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    Super satisified with my Switch, one of my most player consoles ever.
    But where the hell is a new Mario Strikers game Nintendo! :angry:

Der_Blockbuster and MrCokeacola like this.
  18. Sticker

Sticker Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Vietnam
    I hope they will introduce switch pro and double cpu, gpu power, using 7 or 5nm to keep good battery life

19. Svinorin

Svinorin Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm pretty content with my Switch personally. I would like some minor things, like the ability to connect a bluetooth headset, saves being able to be backed up the the micro sd card rather than requiring the online service, some more worthwhile Snes games to play. I would definitely also like some quality DLC to give me an actual reason to continue playing Pokemon Shield, the story was a big lacking and not paced out well, so DLC with some extra story content would be nice, or something akin to the Battle Frontier in Emerald would be nice for variety. Not holding my breath for that though, I feel it'll get a couple lackluster DLC and then we'll need to wait for the next game that's hopefully much more well thought out and not focused on raiding/has actual places to explore and discover.

Other than that I've gotten my money's worth entertainment wise out of my switch.

20. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    A "Switch Pro" won't happen anytime in the near future.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - disappointed, Switch,