Im confused.

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Wii dUde, May 31, 2015.

1. Wii dUde
    OP

Wii dUde Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    United States
    I have a 3.18 FW ps vita and an exploit game(patapon 2, I believe.) I do not have the PSM app, no ps3/4, and no psm license. What should I do right now?:unsure:

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    If you have no friends or contacts that have a non-banned PS3, there's not much you can do (that I know of) aside from updating to 3.51 and then using something like Charles Proxy to substitute a PSN download with the PSM app.

3. Varia

Varia GBAtemp Fan

Nov 19, 2010
    Wut.
    I though that if you sign up to PSM you can just download the Dev assist from the download history. What do you need Charles Proxy for?

4. Wii dUde
    OP

Wii dUde Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    United States
    Okay. Will I lose my exploit on 3.18? If I upgrade to 3.51 and download psm, could I get it back? Also is there a way to install it on 3.18? Is the publisher license required? I read on wololo and it said "good news for people who still haven’t been approved for PSM publisher license, you will be covered as long as you have the developer assistant installed on your Vita."

Last edited by Wii dUde, May 31, 2015
  5. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    You can, but I was thinking ahead to the future, where Sony will most likely pull the app after today (and if not after today, then definitely once Yifan Lu releases what he has).

You would lose your eCFW exploit if you updated, yes. I'm not sure if 3.51 has a PSP exploit for eCFW yet. Installing PSM on 3.18 would require a PS3 that can sign into PSN, or another Vita on 3.51 that you could transfer from. In other words, without a way to sign into PSN, you're going to have to update.

6. Wii dUde
    OP

Wii dUde Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    United States
    What if I am already signed in?

7. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    You're signed into PSN on 3.18? How? O.o

8. Wii dUde
    OP

Wii dUde Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    United States
    I signed in when it was new.

9. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Sounds like you literally never turned it off ever since or something..but anyway, if you can enter the PSN store still, then just use Charles Proxy to substitute the PSM app with a demo download, since more than likely the PSM app won't be in your download history. After that, install the PSM 1.14 update if you want to have it slightly more up to date. Wololo's site should have guides on how to use Charles.

10. Wii dUde
    OP

Wii dUde Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    United States
    oops I did accidentally drop it on the ground one, so then it crashed. So now my best bet is to update to 3.51? I have heard that 3.18 was the golden firmware?

11. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    3.18 has the webkit exploit and stuff, yes, but you can't sign into PSN with it. And since you said you have no PS3 or other way of signing into PSN, updating is probably your only option. Do you know anybody with a PS3?

12. Wii dUde
    OP

Wii dUde Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    United States
    Nope. Well if my only hope is to update, may you or someone lead me through the steps to do?

Last edited by Wii dUde, May 31, 2015
  13. DPyro

DPyro GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2008
    Canada
    Don't update. Wait for new hack to be released as it might not be worthwhile.

14. Ralph1611

Ralph1611 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Wow. What kind of poor, bitch ass, cardboard box are you people living out of?

Just get ANY vita from gamestop, update it to 3.51, download the PSM Dev assistant and (just in case)PSM Dev for Unity also.

Next connect that vita to the computer using CMA and transfer both those games to the PC.

Hook up your 3.18 Vita to the PC and transfer those two games over to your 3.18.

DONE.

You will need to have your CMA hacked with Open CMA, but its simple enough to do that.

After all is done and you can run the app on the 3.18, return the 3.51 Vita to gamestop for a full refund.

MajinCubyan likes this.
  15. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2003
    United States

I tried just grabbing it from my download history (using a cfw ps3) and where it usually has a button that says (download) it shows (this file cannot be downloaded). Not sure why only that app is restricted from being downloaded, as anything else seems to be allowerd. But whatever.

I used Charles Proxy to download another game demo, paused the game while downloading, went to Charles on my PC and mapped the pkg file of the psm dev assistant to it. (that I already downloaded to my PC)
    Went back to ps3 and resumed the download. It started over and transfered over the dev assistant and update file to the ps3. Did the qcma connect trick, hooked up the vita, and copied over with no problem.

BTW Ralph. Where can we get the Unity package for downloading on the PC, to transfer w Charles?

16. Ralph1611

Ralph1611 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    btw, im not insulting anyone, im just quoting chad warden :)

MajinCubyan likes this.
  17. Wii dUde
    OP

Wii dUde Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    United States
    Your advise sounds like the safest. I will try yours as I don't feel like buying another vita and going through all that trouble then return it. BTW do you have a vita?, and what did you decide to do?

18. Ralph1611

Ralph1611 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    My way takes 5 minutes and is free once u return the vita but the choice is yours

19. DPyro

DPyro GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2008
    Canada
    Just bought the bundle a couple weeks ago for $100 and it had 3.15. Updated to 3.18 and bought Talkman Travel:Tokyo.