Im confused...help!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by giritinia, Apr 21, 2011.

Apr 21, 2011

Im confused...help! by giritinia at 12:52 AM (655 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. giritinia
    OP

Newcomer giritinia Member

United States
    Ok so i thought that the only way you can burn and play 360 games was if u modded/soft modded your xbox. But my friend tells me that theres this guy at our school who sells burned games and burned him a copy of black ops and it worked perfectly. I know for a fact that my friends 360 has not been hacked in any shape or form so how is that possible? Also those websites that say"no mods just pay a fee and get instant access to all 360 games and burn them directly" or whatever are lies right?

2. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    It's impossible. You must open up a XBOX 360 in order to flash the disc drive to be able to read burned games. Your friend has had some modification to his console. If he still has the warranty sticker in tack, it's easy to say that he bought another and slapped it on his XBOX 360.

3. giritinia
    OP

United States
    Thanks, ill just ask him when i see him. Oh and i might wanna flash my 360 since its the only console I haven't modded yet in my house. My 360 is in my room and my computer is two floors down. does the 360 need to be connected to the computer at all times?

4. Devin

United States
    Just until you finish flashing it. Even then I believe you only need your disc drive if you have a source of power for it. Besides the XBOX 360. After that you won't need it connected to your computer at all.

5. giritinia
    OP

United States
    Alright thanks for the help and the clarification! If i need anymore help ill ask.

6. Devin

United States
    No problem.