Hacking im a total noob some advice

hotboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello people and thanks for your intresting infomation.

i have bought a new wii from comet (UK) the sn = LEH221XXXXXX its a EUR / PAL system ive bought 22 october 2008 here is my problem
ive yet to mod it but its hidden so kids do not see (ifs for there christmas) .

1 in your expert opinion,s whats the best version of softmod pack to use. ( kid frendly)
2 would i need to upgrade or downgrade the wii system (how would i know if i have the latest update my wii has never been touched )
3 i have the zelda game can i use a normal sd card and where would i put the sd card (i here people say front slot and rear slot which one do i use)

many thanks for your help

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would probably use one of the channel based loaders with force ntsc/hooktype already set, but you might want to wait because i'm sure that a better one will be available by christmas. you probably have firmware 3.2, so the install should be pretty easy - just don't update it when you use it for the first time, and if your kids aren't going to be playing online games, i would turn the internet off, just to be safe. and there is only one sd card slot, and yes a normal sd card will work. ALSO, you are a great dad.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hotboy said:
hello people and thanks for your intresting infomation.

i have bought a new wii from comet (UK) the sn = LEH221XXXXXX its a EUR / PAL system ive bought 22 october 2008 here is my problem
ive yet to mod it but its hidden so kids do not see (ifs for there christmas) .

1 in your expert opinion,s whats the best version of softmod pack to use. ( kid frendly)
2 would i need to upgrade or downgrade the wii system (how would i know if i have the latest update my wii has never been touched )
3 i have the zelda game can i use a normal sd card and where would i put the sd card (i here people say front slot and rear slot which one do i use)

many thanks for your help

Heya hotboy and welcome to the scene.

1. noobwarrior released a very simple system recently which should be nice and easy to follow - you could try that or the step by step in my signature
2. dont upgrade - in fact turn that off if you can if its for the kids - you should be on system 3.2 or 3.3 on a new wii and both are fine - the latest updade causes trouble.
3. Sd card into the front slot with the files in my zip or in noobwarriors zip and away you go

Its best if you try it first and get back to us then ... installing channels that someone hasnt confirmed can brick the wii (just so your aware) - noobs zip and mine have both been tested and confirmed - theres an exe going about that just reboots the wii on gamestart for some reason.

Hope that helps a little.

hotboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys your super people i cant do the upgrade yet as the kids are around ill wait untill tonight when the kids go to sleep ill get back to you thanks guys

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Best of luck with it all .... both processes are pretty easy to be honest - noobs new system is step by step and seriously easy on a normal wii .... if you update theres a few more steps but its still all possible - and the files required for any are floating around really. you'll manage it later as long as you follow the guides exactly.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would wait till 2 weeks before christmas if possible. The loaders are getting updates is short periods(a few weeks is a short period for stuff like 0.1 to 0.3 loading times, or 0.3b to 0.3 gamma compatibility). You would have to update the wii shortly before christmas anyways. Another problem is, that an update is as complicated as a fresh new install.

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
SenorClean said:
I wouldn't rule out a mod chip... it is far and away the most kid friendly.

By the time christmas is here all the modchip will have on loaders will probaply be loading discs through the disc loading channel, and 1 or 2 extra clicks, which noone in their right mind would pay for.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I wouldn't rule out a mod chip... it is far and away the most kid friendly.

By the time christmas is here all the modchip will have on loaders will probaply be loading discs through the disc loading channel, and 1 or 2 extra clicks, which noone in their right mind would pay for.
Interesting...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kashin said:
At present it has its own channel and theres no clicks required if your using WiiShizzza's or Ironmasks loaders
So you just need to go to the backup channel for shiney discs and the other one for normal discs - or just move around the icons (press a+b) and only give them backups to use

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @RedColoredStars My condolences, was that your cat? +1