Status
Not open for further replies.

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But do they have MarioKart on ps3 ^^, gimme one then ^^

I agree with the statement: people that are actualy gaming dont have time to vote in polls,....
PS3 as a winner,. yeah wright,. and my grandma won the marathon -.-

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well ps3 had better games on it's first year than xbox360 imo. Also it has more interesting game lineup for my taste compared to wii or xbox360.
Wii's lifecycle is not probably very long. Doesn't have a good thid party support, lacks power etc, but then again it has different kind of userbase than ps/xbox. Kids, women, hardcore nintendo fans...
And xbox can't win if it doesn't get asia/japan, while ps3 selling more than 360 in every continent. It sells even when it "doesn't have any games" like you all say(The only console that lacks games atm is wii). Imagine what happens when it gets games and gets home, in game xmb etc?

But whatever, I don't really care "who wins the console race" aslong I can play what i want or something. oh wait i can also watch blu-ray movies if i need to.

QUOTE said:
I agree with the statement: people that are actualy gaming dont have time to vote in polls,....
but you have time to post on forums? Takes more time than voting a poll you know?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TaMs said:
QUOTE said:
but you have time to post on forums? Takes more time than voting a poll you know?

The more fanboy you become, the less time you actually play your console.
Because they have to visit every single gaming site and every game forum to make sure they spend enough time trolling on other console game boards and over-hyping their exclusive games.

Usually I read posts and think "I get to play both MGS4 and Ninja Gaiden 2 without having to buy another console
biggrin.gif
"
When people have to hunt down 360 and PS3 consoles for GoW2 and GoW3 (get the pun?) I just have to grab the game :yay:

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
PS3 is getting better though, really.
Its actually on the same level as the 360 but its just that its a lot more expensive and the 360 had a whole year to establish themselves.
I just hope the PS3 gets an awesome library just like the PS2.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
^ That's gonna be tough.
Decent PS2 games are still coming out, but they don't get much focus because PS2's a last-gen and it doesn't utilize innovative controls. Like, Odin Sphere, Mana Khemia are totally my type of games that came out recently for PS2 instead of PS3.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS2 library had a lot of great games, but I think it had a lot more bad games.
It's huge library of games is what made it the highest selling console last Christmas.

PS3 has come a long way, at first it was criticized harshly and now it's respected my most gamers. Believe it or not, I still have to decide between the X360 and the PS3. Until then I'll stick with my Wii and PC.

ImpulsE69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Each gen system gets worse to me. I'm not sure if it's just an old school mentality or what. I personally don't see a whole lot of advantage to buying a 360 or PS3. The price is insane, the games are generic. The only thing that pops is the graphics. Gameplay has been an afterthought..(mind you that is in general...obviously all systems have a stand out game and will depend on what you prefer). Most of these games I can just play on PC, and I don't feel that 1 or 2 exclusive titles per system is worth the hefty price tag of the hardware. System developers need to quit worrying about making them a PC, and get back to gaming.

I like many of you have owned many systems, multiple of the same generation at a time. I've never been a fanboy of any particular company and I don't care who wins the race, I just want decent games, and ALL 3 of them are lacking this time around.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
ImpulsE69 said:
Each gen system gets worse to me. I'm not sure if it's just an old school mentality or what. I personally don't see a whole lot of advantage to buying a 360 or PS3. The price is insane, the games are generic. The only thing that pops is the graphics. Gameplay has been an afterthought..(mind you that is in general...obviously all systems have a stand out game and will depend on what you prefer). Most of these games I can just play on PC, and I don't feel that 1 or 2 exclusive titles per system is worth the hefty price tag of the hardware. System developers need to quit worrying about making them a PC, and get back to gaming.

I like many of you have owned many systems, multiple of the same generation at a time. I've never been a fanboy of any particular company and I don't care who wins the race, I just want decent games, and ALL 3 of them are lacking this time around.

I totally agree! I feel the games only change marginally over the years. When I see a PS2 games I think "Hey, that looks good!" and when I see a PS3 game I think "Hey, that looks very good!" It's all about marketing strategies and people who want to buy the "shit that's told to be hot".

Personally I think it's not very important who wins, as I think Nintendo keeps reinventing the gaming world. Think of Nintendogs, Brain games, Wii Fit, etc.
Off course many gamers don't like it when Nintendo wants to make gaming more appealing to non-gamers. Who blames em.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's just a poll...
And even if the PS3 does win I don't really care, we got GTA IV with extra content.
yaypsp.gif

L

Lyuse

Duke_Jay said:
It's just a poll...
And even if the PS3 does win I don't really care, we got GTA IV with extra content.
yaypsp.gif

The PS3 is also getting DLC for GTA IV

Dunny

Trophies
XP
Country
Not a surprising result - the vast majority of people who voted would be PS3-owning IGN readers, and we all know the stance that IGN takes in this.

Me, I still play Sabre Wulf and Nodes of Yesod - I don't see the point of buying a new console until I've finished with the machines I already have. And I've had them for 25 years now
smile.gif

D.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually... in Australia... 360 sales have slowed down to a trickle. My friend is a store manager of an EB store and he told me last week that over the last few months, 360 sales have come down to around 1 a week while PS3 sales are up to around 10 a week.

A sign of things to come?

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jerro123 said:
Actually... in Australia... 360 sales have slowed down to a trickle. My friend is a store manager of an EB store and he told me last week that over the last few months, 360 sales have come down to around 1 a week while PS3 sales are up to around 10 a week.

A sign of things to come?
That's becaue more people already have 360s than PS3s so less people are buying them.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The ps3 may win ... but not in this year. 2009 will be a rather though battle and I can tell that the 360 will win... but what will happen 2010 ?
wink.gif

Be prepared of a suprise.

Oh and btw : Don't trust polls unless you faked them yourself.
biggrin.gif

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The end would be whoever can retain a leading install base, like the DS over the PSP or the PS2 over the GC and original X-Box.

I didn't like the PS3 for the longest time, but it's slowly starting to look more appealing. I haven't bought any next-gen consoles because they all had problems. The PS3 has the problem that can be fixed and that's the price.

I might finally splurge once MGS4 hits.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This poll has no significance whatsoever, and shouldn't be entitled to a topic.

That being said, the PS3 actually has a decent library, in comparison to the 360. I'd prefer its exclusives over the 360's, with Ratchet (note the avatar), Uncharted, and Warhawk. However, I will be purchasing a 360 very soon, only because it is cheaper. I won't be using any of the PS3's extra features, so the 360 suits me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice