If Your Flashcart is Blocked...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ZenOne, Jul 4, 2012.

Jul 4, 2012

If Your Flashcart is Blocked... by ZenOne at 5:46 PM (1,150 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. ZenOne
    OP

Newcomer ZenOne Member

Canada
    are you still able to play originals (3DS) or is the whole console flagged/blocked? Also, is there anyway to get it "unblocked"?

I read the stickies and did a search but I didn't see any responses to the aforesaid.

Also, I am about to buy a SuperCard DSTwo--it's actually only $11 more than a Acekard and R4 from my local retailer--is the DSTwo considered the top-of-the-line card? I've read many topics and many have different opinions--just looking to determine the general consensus.

Thanks in advance.

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Nope.

At the moment of writing your 3DS won't be flagged.

Just update the DSTwo on a old 3DS or DSLite or before you update your 3DS.

edit:
    DSTwo is indeed the best.
    Next to the AK2i and R4 Gold (one that supports wood)

3. Kyouhei

Member Kyouhei Official 任天堂 Lover

Antarctica
    To question 1. When a flashcart is blocked it just means it wont boot the Flashcart. it has no effect on other games or the console whatsoever. =)
    To question 2. NEVER buy a DSi/3DS Flashcart with "R4" in It's name . they all have poor support, And yes, It is the current ToTL card. AK2I is a close second
    The DStwo has GBA emulators that work quite well. Last i checked they could run Pokemon games at near perfect speeds plus nobody has EVER gotten a fake one to my knowledge.
    The reason AceKard 2i is so popular is because its a very rare find to find Fake one.
    Most "R4" carts have very little support by the makers, hence why it is wise NOT to buy one.

4. kineticUk

Member kineticUk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    There are exceptions to the never buy anything with r4 in its name rule. Don't buy any old r4 clone though...

The previous post mentioned the r4i gold which is better than the acekard2i.
    I'd advise you get one of those instead if you are thinking about the ak2i but you would need to make sure the r4i gold is r4ids.cn version (check the packaging picture for this website to make sure its a proper r4i gold).

There are lots of copies/clones/fake crud and they are responsible for the bad rep r4's get.

The DSTwo has CPU and extra features etc built into the card/software, whether they are worth it I guess depends on what you think of the software available...

5. ZenOne
    OP

Newcomer ZenOne Member

Canada
    Alright--thanks a lot guys.

6. ZenOne
    OP

Newcomer ZenOne Member

Canada
    Last question: if my DSTwo is said to be updated to work on Version 3.0 3DS' and my 3DS is at version 2.2 can I update the DSTwo via my 3DS or do I still need a separate DS Lite?

7. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    You can use your 3DS as long as it's an older firmware version than your card.