QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering about how you get a "Freind code" from a Rom? Many Flash Carts tout on their boxes that they are Download Play compatible and "WFC" friendly or what not but could someone help me figure this out:

If 1000's of people download the same Rom, then aren't they all going to wind up with conflicting friend codes? Or are the codes generated only between the DS and the Game itself?

So that means if I get a DS lite, the my DS friend code for say, Mario Kart DS is no longer any good?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
The code is based on your WFC ID and the game's unique code, and a random seed. There is CRC8 for validity purposes too. As for duplicate friend codes, up to 2,147,483,648 friend codes can be issued for a single game. I think that's more than enough.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
I'm wondering about how you get a "Freind code" from a Rom? Many Flash Carts tout on their boxes that they are Download Play compatible and "WFC" friendly or what not but could someone help me figure this out:

If 1000's of people download the same Rom, then aren't they all going to wind up with conflicting friend codes? Or are the codes generated only between the DS and the Game itself?

So that means if I get a DS lite, the my DS friend code for say, Mario Kart DS is no longer any good?
You have to write to Nintendo and ask for it. Once you get through a few layers of customer service and tech support, they'll give you one.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Szyslak said:
gizmo_gal said:

You have to write to Nintendo and ask for it. Once you get through a few layers of customer service and tech support, they'll give you one.

loading the same copy of the game into a different hardware will generate a different friend code. with roms just delete the save file and generate a new friend code.

-another world

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Szyslak said:
gizmo_gal said:

You can transfer your WFC ID from one DS to another.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys might want to check the batteries in your sarcasm detectors. Apologies if my reply sounded like I was being serious. I was not.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szyslak said:
gizmo_gal said:

Har Har Har, yeah as if....
dry.gif

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
I think the friend code is generated base on the game and the DS your using. I remember trying to connect to WFC with a different DS and it said that the ID didn't match and had to generate a new one for the DS I was using. I choose to go ahead and change it since it was a .sav copy on my sister's flashcart. I don't think two people can have the same friend code.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omarroms said:
I think the friend code is generated base on the game and the DS your using. I remember trying to connect to WFC with a different DS and it said that the ID didn't match and had to generate a new one for the DS I was using. I choose to go ahead and change it since it was a .sav copy on my sister's flashcart. I don't think two people can have the same friend code.

That's probably why it says "Your DS hardware info has been saved to the game cart. Please use this DS from now on." Or something
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ