Ideas for games/software/other thread.

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Jacklack3, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Jacklack3
    OP

Jacklack3 ( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    In your basement Dick Size: 5 meters.
    With all the cool things the Switch has to offer give some ideas for the switch! It would be cool for the Switch to have Pokemon, you could play it on the TV or on the go!

2. Condarkness

Condarkness GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2008
    United States
    I think that is inevitable now that its portable and would make more sense to create for only one system and not two. Plus they aren't restricted to only have the main series of games on the portable. They can now do whatever they feel like.

3. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Team Skull ☠️Grunt☠️

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Kind of annoying that it may only have 3 hour battery life

4. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    I heard From Software will support the Switch. Dark Souls on Switch? Yes please.

Also Star Fox.

Jacklack3 likes this.
  5. Condarkness

Condarkness GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2008
    United States
    3 hours?...for real?...that's terrible battery life. Well I can only hope that 3 hours is not the real life span and its more like 5-7. 5-7 would make more sense and that would be portable. 3 hours can't really do much, especially if your on a flight across the globe.

6. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Team Skull ☠️Grunt☠️

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    IDK how they are going to have specs that compete with Xbox and Playstation and make it portable with decent battery life.

7. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    What cool things are you talking about exactly? It's portable, what else is there?

8. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    I have this great idea for switch to have the best jRPG series ever.

Bravely Default 3.

9. Jacklack3
    OP

Jacklack3 ( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    In your basement Dick Size: 5 meters.
    Just talking like what do you want the Switch to have? What features do you want it to have? What games and/or applications do you want it to have? Stuff like that.

10. Iamapirate

Iamapirate GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2013
    MGSV Definitive Edition. MGS4 while you're at it... And HD MGS 2 & 3 for good measure.

11. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Usb charging.

12. flame1234

flame1234 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Simple: Specs won't compete with Xbox or PlayStation. I think it will have the 8GB of RAM that Xbox and PlayStation do because it's cheap and makes your system easy to develop for.

I'm not even sure processing and graphics between mobile and desktop systems can be compared. If you were to compare them, it doesn't look very good...
    Check here the SunSpider benchmark (tests CPU, graphics, and software, so not great, but...): http://www.macworld.com/article/3008554/ipad/benchmarks-the-ipad-pro-is-the-fastest-ipad-ever.html
    iPad Air 2 - this is similar to NX performance
    And then Surface 4 Pro, which is not even a real computer, beats it by 50%.

And battery life will be the opposite of what you're thinking: About 10 hours. That's how long good full-size tablets (>= 8 inch diagonal) batteries tend to last.

Nintendo says the Wii U tablet battery lasts 8 hours. Whoops, that's the high capacity one. The standard one lasts 4 hours. No worries though, I think.

Last edited by flame1234, Oct 25, 2016