[IDEA] Sneaking In An Exploit Into A 3ds Game

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Luglige, Jun 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luglige
    OP

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    Hello, I had this idea before hand but decided to share it. As this is kinda illegal in some areas (I think) I may not do this. But if I continue I hope I don't get in touble :P
    The Story
    Now this is just the story how I got this idea, If you don't want hear this, skip to "The Plan." Now if you choose to stay, Thanks! I appreciate you hearing my story! It all started a few years back. The apple "homebrew" community was getting desperate
    for emulators. So much so, that they started sneaking emulators into official appstore apps. For the community to download.
    When I got into the 3ds homebrew community I began to think about the same principle. As you can push apps onto
    the 3ds eShop with little to no problems. The games I've seen on the eShop have been declining in quality. Like a lot. So I thought, why not. And spoke to a few members about it, They thought it was a cool idea. So I've been looking into it. This ends the story as it is pretty short.

The Plan
    Now I will share the plan, Please notice that this has somewhat of a low chance of this happening. I am new to programming
    and don't expect this to happen now. First, I need to find a game idea. Something that will feel and play like a game. Please notice I will not share any ideas for games at this time as, well, that will kill the plan. My idea for hiding and letting the mass's download this game is an underground idea. We will not post this in this section. But create some sort of code to allow members to notify other members without it leaking. If they say the code (Which only a few people will know, then they can spead onto trusted members for them to give out) a member knowing what it means will PM the title. Please keep in mind if this idea takes off I will release multiple games with the exploit. The games will all be released on different accounts! I may ask some members to "bomb" the eShop with me. If you want to become one of these members just email me at "luglige@sigaint.org" with your username. I will PM you to make sure you're the real member and not a Nintendon't. YOU MUST BE A RESPECTED MEMBER AND HAVE OVER 300 POSTS TO JOIN THE ATTACK! If you meet the criteria and our approved we will give you a time to post your game provided by us. When posting you must be on a linux distro called "Tails" and running a secure VPN. Not saying you won't be arrested but be on the safe side. If you want to be on the programming team please email me. We want to post around 15-20 games on the eShop. So if one goes down we can turn to the other.

With love ~ Luglige

Last edited by Luglige, Jun 16, 2016
    CitizenSnips likes this.

2. Edgarska

Edgarska GBAtemp Fan

Oct 24, 2011
    United States
    You do understand this forum is open to the public, right?

Wafflepaint likes this.
  3. Luglige
    OP

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    Yep. These details aren't very confidential.

4. Kliffcom

Kliffcom GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I think Nintendo will check their games for things like that. I don't think it's possible to build this stuff in it, but you could leave a hole for an exploit that you can release after the game is launched

5. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    All the enormous numbers of problems associated with this plan aside, all the time, effort and money you'd spend trying to accomplish this would probably be far better spent just trying to find a new entry point in existing games. I think its been pretty well shown that there's no shortage of buggy games available.

6. Minnow

Minnow GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2015
    Canada
    No offense but this is just stupid.

7. Luglige
    OP

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    Yes, but with this there will be 15-20 exploits, all ready for use. And if one is taken down we have a bank ready. And I'm not saying that Nintendo can't look at our game and search the eShop for similar code in each game. As we will make some phonies. That's a good idea too.

In what way? If we decide to do this I don't see why it won't work. It is slow and stupid trying to swiff through a bunch of titles looking for some ounce of exploitable goodness. With this idea you make the holes.

8. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Never going to happen see thus from Nintendo's website.

Publish Digital Content on Nintendo eShop.

Before publishing on the Nintendo eShop, you must become an officially-licensed software provider.

Complete and submit the Developer Application form.
    Request a Digital Publishing Agreement.
    Submit game data and marketing assets for approval.
    Arrange product launch on Nintendo eShop.

9. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Are you a licensed Nintendo developer? If not how do you plan to get a game released on the eshop?

FrozenDragon150 likes this.
  10. Luglige
    OP

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    Ok, Seems like something I can do.
    Just puttin this out here. This game made it through approval. I think our game can too:

Also, I never said I was gonna do this. It's an idea

I'll become one. Just gotta sign up and I'll create a few games so I can just pass by.

11. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    you also need to have a devkit. withouth a devkit they will assume you never tested the game and the chance for it to be published will be 0%

12. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Not really the brightest of sparks are you

FrozenDragon150 and Charganium like this.
  13. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Yes it's an idea but it's a bloody stupid one. I have yet to see you post a decent thread here on the website please stop and think before you post or before too long a mod will come along and ban you for your continuous shity threads.

Charganium likes this.
  14. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    There's a huge difference between a terrible game and an exploitable game :P
    And besides, I assume Nintendo checks every single game to see if there are any vulns, so it probably wouldn't be easy.

15. bones123

bones123 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2015
    Canada
    Yep, lets just get 15-20 people to spend at least a year each;

-Starting a company so that they have a chance at getting approved by Nintendo for development
    -Actually getting approved by Nintendo to make 3DS games
    -Buying expensive 3DS Dev Kits
    -Actually making the fucking games
    -Putting in exploits that are easily usable by the community and yet still pass approval from the ESRB and PEGI, along with Nintendo QA????
    -Not getting arrested/sued by Nintendo for it

Lets just close this thread. It won't happen. And if there's a dev out there that wants to, a) kill their reputation as a developer and never get published by anyone again, and b) likely get sued and have their game taken off the eShop within days anyway because Nintendo is removing big titles that have these exploits in them and don't give a damn about a literally who developer that's trying to screw their system, then good on them.

16. Luglige
    OP

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    That is not true.
    Thx for your positive feedback! Atleast I'm trying to fricking bring some stuff onto the plate!

17. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    tell that to @Voxel Studios

18. Luglige
    OP

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    Jesus. Harsh. It's not like I'm breaking the rules by posting this. Just puttin an idea out here.

19. bones123

bones123 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2015
    Canada
    Actually it is. 100%. Why would a company as big as Nintendo let people put games on their eShop when they haven't gone through the development process? They literally say that the projects submitted have to have started development on the devkits.

20. Luglige
    OP

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    Ok then I'll buy a devkit. If it means adding in another exploit why not.

Ricken likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.