Icons How?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Balrogs.Pain, Jul 24, 2009.

Jul 24, 2009

Icons How? by Balrogs.Pain at 4:15 AM (1,060 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Balrogs.Pain
    OP

Member Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, as the topic description says, i have no idea whether i should post this in Computer systems or NDS hardware. Any who. . . .

Well, on my old computer, somehow all of my NDS files were given icons, i have a new computer transfered all of my NDS files, and noticed the icons are gone!
    So i try to download rominator, because i remember i downloaded that before and it gave them all the icons, so i did. no difference, but in rominator the icons are in there. but since i dont really use rominator i came here to ask all of you.

How do i give them their correct icons? (without assigning them personally.)

2. Uzumakijl

Member Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Sorry, I only know how to do this in spanish (Using spanish files) Is pretty much the same just do this:

1.- Download this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5AYWD4M0

2.- Descompress those files in a folder you are not gonna delete/move (Ex: C:\DsIcons)

3.- Double Click "registrar.bat"* and that's all.

If you wanna un-do this just double click "desregistrar.bat"*

It's safe don't worry it's the same files i use [​IMG]

**Just for informative issues Registrar means Register and Desregistrar means the opposite

3. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    where can I download these Icons? I want to recognize my games easier too lol

4. Uzumakijl

Mexico

5. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
  6. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    hug i did not get any thing out of this package. I got the register thing but nothing happened after i used it.

7. Uzumakijl

Mexico
    Either hit F5, Or Restart. [​IMG]

8. Balrogs.Pain
    OP

United States
    Okay heres what happened for me. I installed Evo tools, its still installed but the icons are still blank. I did the registrar.bat one, and it worked! but it didnt give me the specific icons, for some reason it was the DS icon (duel screens.) Any other suggestions? do i have to open up a cheat.dat in evotools? do i have to download all the ds icons for the registrar? (also i restarted my comp already)

Okay i reinstalled the registrar thing, restarted my computer. And still no icon, but i right clicked the ds file and it had an icon! but whats strange is A. it has to be set to small icon file. and B. if i run my mouse over any other .nds it changes to the last one i went on properties.

9. Uzumakijl

Mexico
    This is some random issue that happened to me in the first time i installed this too lol,

Just go to "My PC" then click C: (Or just your main HDD) Then go to "C:\WINDOWS\system32" Drop there the "IconosDS.dll" File there and also the "registrar.bat" File, Execute the "registrar.bat" file and it should work now.

No, Don't worry, You don't need to download all the icon files neither you need to do anything besides the "registrar.bat" thing also any .nds rom file icon is visible, Just some homebrew don't have icons so they will look like the "dual screens" Also if some times the icons doesn't work just 1 click any nds file hit F5 and it will refresh the icon, But if the icons doesn't show after doing what i sayd above just hit F5 in your rom folder and if they still doesn't show just restart (But they should work instantly), Also they should look like this (You can choose how they will display):
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

I hope this was helpfull [​IMG]

10. Balrogs.Pain
    OP

United States
    Alright, i put the registrar.bat on my system 32 folder, and i also droped the iconosds.dll, i executed it and nothing changed (other than opening lets say the homebrew folder which wasnt open while i did that, gave them all the icon, but a quick run of the mouse did pretty much this. )
    http://img36.imageshack.us/i/asdasdasdb.jpg
    Thanks for puttin up with me so far [​IMG].
    I just hate vista though.
    Also, i still have Evotools installed.

11. Uzumakijl

Mexico
    The picture link that you posted doesn't works....., Btw... So... They work? after searching on google like 1 hour i got to the conclusion that this doesn't works with vista... But i'm not sure... [​IMG]