iAtkos Boot Up

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Hakoda, Jan 10, 2010.

Jan 10, 2010

iAtkos Boot Up by Hakoda at 6:31 PM (2,950 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Hakoda
    OP

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Hey there Tempers and to those of you who know a thing or two about OS x86 I was wondering if you could please help me out.

I just installed iAtkos v7 on my secondary IDE HDD and now after I installed NVDarwin for my onboard nVidia GeForce 8200, the boot up hangs at a line which states: "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:: start_waitingforservice(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out".

Specs:

ASUS M3N78-VM Motherboard
    AMD Athlon II X4 630 CPU & 4GB DDR2 RAM
    320GB Seagate SATA HDD, 250GB Maxtor IDE HDD, & LG SATA DVD-RW
    nVidia GeForce 8200 Integrated Graphics & Chipset
    VIA VT1708B Audio

Customize Selection: (I chose the basics)

iAtkos v7 Main System
    Chameleon v1
    Apple Decrypt
    DSDT
    Voodoo Kernel 9.7.0
    Disabler
    OHR
    nForce SATA/IDE
    Generic IDE (some reason nForce SATA/IDE wouldn't detect my IDE Drive)
    Voodoo PS/2 driver
    NTFS-3G

It booted into OS X using default video drivers and the intro movie played. (kind of) So then I decided to install NVDarwin. The install ran I chose all versions. Upon reboot I get the hang mentioned above and it does not continue. Any ideas?

Note: Internet worked even when I didn't choose an ethernet driver.

Thanks,

~ Jon

2. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    You'd be better off posting this at a dedicated OSx86 site, like InsanelyMac. Someone there will know what this means.

3. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    It would seem you are installing an intel kext on an AMD system. That won't work. Try an AMD dedicated version, but at the very least make sure not to install any intel specific things like intel cpu power management as they won't work with your system. I'm surprised it did boot the first time though and that installing nvdarwin killed it. Does it work with -x (-v)? You could try a reinstall with different nv drivers assuming that's the problem (or no NV drivers at all). You haven't built the easiest system however for a hackintosh, but that fact that you've pretty much got it running so far is good [​IMG].

P.S. I've personally used NVinject with my 7900GT without problems in the past. I've moved from my 7900 to an ATI HD5770 though and thus ditched hackintosh a while ago. My rig was an intel core 2 rig though.

4. Hakoda
    OP

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I deleted ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext from inside the IOFamilyPlatformPlugin.kext, solved the previous error so now all I need are video drivers. I've tried NVInject, NVDarwin, & NVKush. They all cause a halt. A 128MB EFI String causes a kp and 256MB EFI String causes a hang like the injectors/enablers. Oh well. Guess I'm stuck without QE forever.

~ Jon

5. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Just stick a 7900GT or something in there then. They go for very little now a days (mine is currently unimployed, but shipping isn't very cheap [​IMG]) and perform better then the 8200 you are currently trying to use.