I write shitty songs

Helpful Corn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not shitty at all. But if mine and Sop's opinions don't sway you, you may find some consolation in knowing I write shittier music http://www.soundcloud.com/arikad0

hey you have an excellent voice if I post an instrumental version of that song would you record the vocals? maybe someone could add some drums too. I like your stuff.

EDIT: I lived in saginaw for a month with this broad i was supposed to marry, whereabouts do you reside?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey you have an excellent voice if I post an instrumental version of that song would you record the vocals? maybe someone could add some drums too. I like your stuff.

EDIT: I lived in saginaw for a month with this broad i was supposed to marry, whereabouts do you reside?
Oh, I'm not confident in my vocals at all... I only sing on a couple songs so a friend of mine can get the melody down. Not something I enjoy doing...

I'm about 15 minutes from Saginaw.

Helpful Corn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm never going back to MI for the record had a miserable experience there, but you sound great compared to me so give it a shot if you will. If not maybe you me and some other tempers can colaborate on something else cool with a uke solo and everything.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you guys can give me some tips, I've been recording music on my PC but I have to do so at a low volume or it peaks out, what kinda device should I be looking for so I can record at a decent volume?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just use a Tascam DR-07 for recording and Audacity to edit/mix. About as minimal as you can get...

When I get some time I'm going to mess around with the iPod Touch Garageband; been sitting on it for a few months now.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a program called Amplitube 3 to record everything, it's an awesome amp modelling software with 4-track recording. I can record drums via bypassing the amps, but it just peaks too often, especially with bass and drums. I need a new sound card but I have no idea what to look for.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I also write music, but I don't really sing I've got some electronic video game style stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/daveriem

and I also play in a band which I also co-write music for
https://soundcloud.com/themachineage

@Helpful Corn: It sounds like you need some work on your strumming and timing. I would really suggest learning other musicians material and practice it. There are lots of good guitar lessons on youtube that can help tremendously...check out guys like Marty Schwartz, Jason Lee (from NextLevelGuitar or on the youtube channel rockongoodpeople), the youcanlearnguitar channel, Neil from the guitartricks channel and possibly even Bobby Crispy and Scott Grove (youtube channel groovydjs).

@wrettcaughn: You're guitar playing is very decent and pretty good IMO and your voice isn't half bad either, I really enjoyed some of your music.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wrettcaughn: You're guitar playing is very decent and pretty good IMO and your voice isn't half bad either, I really enjoyed some of your music.

I missed this a few weeks back... Thanks!
I've been playing guitar for around 15+ years but never took any lessons or trained fingerings/scales so I tend to keep it pretty simple. The stuff I write is quite a bit different from the stuff I listen to and because of that I really never know if it's any good :P

Deleted member 318366

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good you bumb'd this, it needs to stay fresh
icon_smile.gif
anyone use EWQL for orchestral music?

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.