PCSX2 HD texture pack group

i wont onimusha,1 2 3 texure pack

DarthDarklorD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Somber, I tried dumping textures from Onimusha 1 a few different ways. Have you had any success with Warlords in particular? I bought the remaster on Steam but I wouldn't mind Taking the time to redo the ps2 version if I can get proper naming for the backgrounds. PCSX2 names the backgrounds stupid and they won't load.

SomberShroud

Trophies
Website
hifi4everyone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Hey Somber, I tried dumping textures from Onimusha 1 a few different ways. Have you had any success with Warlords in particular? I bought the remaster on Steam but I wouldn't mind Taking the time to redo the ps2 version if I can get proper naming for the backgrounds. PCSX2 names the backgrounds stupid and they won't load.
I haven't dumped 1 since I'm going to play the remastered version on Steam. Here are some tips for dumping in general.

To avoid the dreaded "100,000" texture dump folder, I recommend leaving texture dumping off in both emulator and in-game settings and binding the "Texture Dump" hotkey to space (and remove any other hotkey that was space by default[probably fast-forward]) and just dump whenever a new texture/cutscene plays; Also to deal with the naming scheme you could try sorting by Dimensions (it's not listed by default you have to right click while inside the folder then "sort by" then "more..." and check Dimensions) or date. Dimensions will show the biggest textures first, while date will show the images dumped in chronological order, the latter is useful for things like looking through concept art in one go, to make it easy to just multi-select them.

Onimusha 2 doesn't dump the BG's unfortunately. you probably can't upscale the BG's in 1 either if the naming scheme only includes 1 hyphen ex: 109f993e98e1f1aa-00002640.png <- This is usually a bad texture since the engine constantly renders a new texture instead of using the same one, making it impossible to upscale unless the emulator changes how it dumps files. The good textures (most of the time) have 2 or 3 hyphens like this one ex: 518bbd6c0ddb7991-3cc9f25b1d8fa414-r21000000210000-00005553.png

if you plan on coming back to the same bg textures in the future I'd recommend making a copy of the images by ctrl-clicking the images in the folder (this takes a while) and putting them in a separate folder

Reactions: DarthDarklorD

DarthDarklorD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
onihdrp aint got no warlords...... aint got no gravy for the tayters neither
Post automatically merged:

PC version looks pretty good, I'd still like to wash those backgrounds through RealSR or something. maybe just a 2x

Last edited by DarthDarklorD,
  • Haha
Reactions: SomberShroud

murad58

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
onihdrp maker here! ^-^
I've already made texture packs for Oni2, 3 and DoD :D

The reason the website was made, and this wasn't used, is simply because either this group didn't exist at the time, or I didn't know ^-^
After having spent some effort stitching the site together with my wife, I'd find it a tad sad to axe it altogether.
I suppose I could make a thread here with links to all 3 packs though. Just been lazy on that front, most of my time is spent enhancing these packs and doing costume requests for them. ^^ (stumbled upon this post while looking for debug menu information for the games XD)

Here's a bit of information about the status of the packs:
- Onimusha: Warlords
- It would not make sense to make a pack for this game. Pre-rendered backgrounds can't be replaced. Also, like mentioned above, support the devs! Buy the HD release, this will also help tell Capcom "there might be money to be made here!" :D
- I was doing a pack for the HD release, but stopped around mid-way in favor for Oni3 HDRP v3.0. Will probably revisit when I've finished that pack.

- Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny
- Fully upscaled, except for a few random bits of text documents here and there.
- Made a CGI inspired costume add-on for Jubei.

- Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
- Fully upscaled.
- Made various misc. costumes for Samanosuke, including the Ninja Costume.

- Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
- This was the first texture pack I made.
- Fully upscaled.
- Made a CGI inspired costume add-on for Soki, and various misc. costumes.

What's in development?
- Onimusha 3: Demon Siege HDRP v3.0
- This has been a year in the making currently. This update will distance itself from simple AI upscales.
- Being made with UE5, normal maps and specular maps. (No, the game will not run in UE5. UE5 is being used as a tool to make textures).
- Character UI has been remade from the ground up. Fonts have been remade. Some item previews have been remade using actual 3D models posed in Blender. Misc. textures have been remade as well.
- Progress has reached the Underwater Temple.
- Is being made with community input.
- Pre-release / beta testing builds are available from within my Discord. This is to ensure adequate feedback, and real-time implementation of said feedback if necessary.

yumzion90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool , maybe Sombre could show us his oni texture work maybe there's something useful for v3.0🙂

SomberShroud

Trophies
Website
hifi4everyone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool , maybe Sombre could show us his oni texture work maybe there's something useful for v3.0🙂
unfortunately, as soon as I heard about this pack, I scraped my dump folder as AI upscalers can't really beat a proper remaking of textures (but they can get close). If you want to see the AI upscaler I use in work, check out Star wars: Bounty hunter or God Hand Thread on this forum.

Reactions: yumzion90

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: