Hacking I will offer Team Executor Switch modchip installations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Once this gets released I will offer installations for those that are uncomfortable with opening a switch and soldering to it as well. Hell, I will even make a raw dump of the eMMC for everyone so they have a backup in case needed for the future.

At this exact moment I don't know how much I will charge for the service. Likely somewhere between $30 and $50, but that all depends on how much time will go into each install and how difficult it is.

I am only making this thread here now so once it does get released everyone will already know who to go to when they don't want to chance doing it themselves.

I am sure that a good portion of you know who I am and the work I have done, so my reputation is good.

I will likely only take requests from North America because of shipping costs.

Thank you everyone, and happy hacking.

Here is some of my previous work that I have done. It may not be a whole lot, but I don't take video often.

And my aquaponics system

And now I know I am going to get a bunch of people bitching about me making this thread.

Last edited by DeadlyFoez,

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I think I'd first like to see what a functioning modchip looks like and what the steps are. I doubt many people will be interested in having their Switch held together by duct tape and having wires dangling out of it.
Team Xecutor has a great reputation and they don't make shit products where a console needs to be jimmy rigged together. On top of that, I would never send out something that looks like shit.

Modchip ? We don't even know what Xecuter will do to get that "full access" to the switch.
Team Xecutor makes hardware. I am confident that what they will offer is all that they have already said and then some. They are in it to make money so they will definitely offer a modchip or some other type of hardware solution.

Last edited by DeadlyFoez, , Reason: garyopa complained about auto correct fixing "xecutor" to "executor". I must fix for thy highness.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is kind of jumping the gun here... We can't be certain that the Switch will end up using modchips, and considering the size of it and the room to work with in it it might be incredibly difficult and expensive to mod it.

Reactions: ThoD and Ep8Script

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
It is kind of jumping the gun here... We can't be certain that the Switch will end up using modchips, and considering the size of it and the room to work with in it it might be incredibly difficult and expensive to mod it.
They certainly are not offering a free software solution. They offer hardware to mod things. There is plenty enough room in the switch for a small atmel micro controller and a thin PCB.

I might be jumping the gun a little, but might as well let people know who they can go to ahead of time.

kramer987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once this gets released I will offer installations for those that are uncomfortable with opening a switch and soldering to it as well. Hell, I will even make a raw dump of the eMMC for everyone so they have a backup in case needed for the future.

At this exact moment I don't know how much I will charge for the service. Likely somewhere between $30 and $50, but that all depends on how much time will go into each install and how difficult it is.

I am only making this thread here now so once it does get released everyone will already know who to go to when they don't want to chance doing it themselves.

I am sure that a good portion of you know who I am and the work I have done, so my reputation is good.

I will likely only take requests from North America.

Thank you everyone, and happy hacking.
And now I know I am going to get a bunch of people bitching about me making this thread.
you guessed correctly haha

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Team Executor has a great reputation and they don't make shit products where a console needs to be jimmy rigged together. On top of that, I would never send out something that looks like shit.

Team Executor makes hardware. I am confident that what they will offer is all that they have already said and then some. They are in it to make money so they will definitely offer a modchip or some other type of hardware solution.
I know them yeah, but it can be anything, and more specifically, they talked about a CFW, so there is a quite big chance that the device could not be needed in the console after patch and CFW instalation.

D

Deleted User

It will be a glitch chip similar to an RGH

There isn't much more that it can be that is future proof

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I know them yeah, but it can be anything, and more specifically, they talked about a CFW, so there is a quite big chance that the device could not be needed in the console after patch and CFW instalation.
You are correct. That is a possibility. I honestly doubt that they would look into a solution that would work like that. I think that if they found out 2 solutions, 1 that needs to be permanently installed, and 1 that you use just once and then you don't need it anymore, I bet they would throw away the latter and only offered the first option.

But hell, even if that was the case then that is even more of a reason to send your console to me or another installer that already has the hardware instead of spending the money on something that you would only use once.

Reactions: BatteryDank

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Executor makes hardware. I am confident that what they will offer is all that they have already said and then some. They are in it to make money so they will definitely offer a modchip or some other type of hardware solution.

Hardware could come in the form of a flashcard instead of a modchip. I know in the past they've only done modchips, but they've only worked with disc based systems in the past, so they had to be modchips. Seems feasible that it could be as simple and unobtrusive as a flashcard for the Switch.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardware could come in the form of a flashcard instead of a modchip. I know in the past they've only done modchips, but they've only worked with disc based systems in the past, so they had to be modchips. Seems feasible that it could be as simple and unobtrusive as a flashcard for the Switch.

its a hard mod
plain and simple.

Reactions: DeadlyFoez

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are correct. That is a possibility. I honestly doubt that they would look into a solution that would work like that. I think that if they found out 2 solutions, 1 that needs to be permanently installed, and 1 that you use just once and then you don't need it anymore, I bet they would throw away the latter and only offered the first option.

But hell, even if that was the case then that is even more of a reason to send your console to me or another installer that already has the hardware instead of spending the money on something that you would only use once.
I didn't check the CCC, but wat about a flaw in the design of the SWITCH cartridge ? Or even better, a flaw in the NAND "on the go" aspect, becasue IIRC you can swap the NAND chip no ? No soldering even needed, there is plenty of stuff that can be speculated...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
All I have to say is that I vouch for Foez.
If a board needs to be soldered in a Switch, Foez is the one to do it.

I once had the opportunity to purchase a JTAG machine off off him where he soldered in a swappable NAND seating.
I wish I took the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there