I tried changing Microsd cards

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by xxRAG3, May 17, 2009.

May 17, 2009

I tried changing Microsd cards by xxRAG3 at 7:24 PM (1,059 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. xxRAG3
    OP

Member xxRAG3 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So, i found a 16 GB Microsd (Sandisk) and decided I'd use it for my DS. So, I opened up my current 8GB (Sandisk), and dragged them all onto a folder on my desktop.
    Then, I plugged in my 16 GB, and proceeded to put everything from the folder into the other one, seeing as they both have the same cyclo directories etc.
    Only problem was, when I attemped to do it, i was greeted by a message I really didn't like.
    It said 'This disc is write protected. Please take off the protection or use another disk. This happens with all of the files.
    Picture below is what it shows when I try it with one file, just to show you guys.
    [​IMG]
    I need some help soon, I'm going over to my friend's in a little.

EDIT: Whats worse is that when i moved the contents onto the folder, it also wiped it from the 8GB. It won't let me even put it back on that, and I can't afford to refill the thing because theres so much content i've deleted from my computer like all of the bleach, NES games, SNES stuff, etc etc

2. BowlOfSpiders

Member BowlOfSpiders hi

United States
    Did your microSD come with a SD reader? Put the MicroSD into it again and look on the left. There should be a switch. Flip that then take the MicroSD card out and it is unlocked.

3. xxRAG3
    OP

United States
    They both came with extremely shitty readers that don't work anymore (those sandisk ones let you do it a few times and then bam it won't work anymore.)

Also, how would this help with files that are already on the desktop? As i said, the files are no longer on the cards, but on my desktop.

I'll try it anyways though. Which was is unlock, up or down?...It doesn't work either way.

4. amjad

Newcomer amjad Newbie

Nepal
    why don't you try searching for keywords on google. I am sure you will find your solution

5. xxRAG3
    OP

United States
    Amjad, do you really think of me i'm that stupid?
    I've been here a little while longer than you have, and I know to search the answers before i freakin' ask.

Of course I have, I don't get any good responses, other than this tape method that isn't properly explained. Plus the tape method applies to people who still use the Microsd large card for plugging into the computer, mine is broken and i only have a usb reader.

6. flameiguana

Member flameiguana that's not me

United States
    Oh, I remember when I was this noobish. Its basically a physical write-protection.
    Is the adapter like this: microsd>regular sd (with switch)>usb?
    sometimes when u slide up the switch before putting it into the usb adapter, it will slide back down. [​IMG]
    Just try to put it in carefully( i don't use the tape method, but it takes me several attempts to finally be able to write stuff)

7. xxRAG3
    OP

United States
    I don't understand what you are saying. So I put the SD Card into the big SD Card (which doesn't work...) and make sure its up all the way, then take it out and put it into my USB reader?

Please reiterate, i don't understand bad grammar too well.

EDIT: I think what your saying is that i put the regular SD card into the USB reader, which I don't. I use this:
    [​IMG]
    Only the Microsd goes into the back, not the big sd card with it.

8. flameiguana

United States
    I misunderstood what adapter you were using. With my super Google skills, I found this:
    Yahoo Answers
    Take a look

If you can't write on either card, maybe your adapter got fucked while transfering all those files or something. You may want to get a new one.

9. xxRAG3
    OP

United States
    OMFG, DID YOU READ.
    I SEARCHED THROUGH GOOGLE, WHO DIDN'T?

YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
    IT ISN'T THE ADAPTER, I TRIED OTHERS.

Whatever. Update: It works on my father's computer.

10. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada

try putting it in an adapter and then put it in the reader....on the adapter there will be a slide switch
    make sure its not on lock

@ somerandomguy is right too

11. xxRAG3
    OP

United States
    I'm requesting this gets locked, since none of you ARE FUCKING LISTENING.
    ANAXS, I WOULDN'T BE POSTING HERE IF I HADN'T READ WHAT IGUANA POSTED (EVEN THOUGH I READ IT BEFORE HE POSTED.) I POST HERE SO I CAN GET A REAL SOLUTION, NOT ONE THROUGH GOOGLE SINCE I SPENT HOURS AND HOURS SEARCHING THROUGH IT.

12. flameiguana

United States
    Sounds like you're really pissed, but I don't think anyone knows what the hell you are talking about because you are being so vague (unless they've been through something like this themselves).

Proably need practice writing essays or something. [​IMG]
    kthxby

13. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    The microsd is probably fucked.

14. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    See? Solution. Agreed, lock this.

15. xxRAG3
    OP

United States
    No, I'm just sick as shit of all these lame posts. I gave everything you want. What else do you want, my blood type? My thoughts on abortion? My opinion on which program works the best in cleaning a registry?

Seriously.