I think I should keep my current 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by shoyrumaster11, Aug 28, 2012.

Aug 28, 2012
  1. shoyrumaster11
    OP

Member shoyrumaster11 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hello GBAtemp! I know, this isn't my usual question or rant or whatever else i post on the forums. But, I just wanted to explain a few things about why I won't want a 3DS XL. No offence to anyone who is buying or have bought one.
    • At first, I thought it was all a rumor. This was because the system looked way too smooth to be a real Nintendo 3DS. Also, my first impressions on the photos was that they were all photo shopped. This was until I saw a display box of a 3DS XL at my local EB Games shop.
    [​IMG]

I'm sorry that I can't get a smaller image, but Google wasn't giving me much luck. This is just a size and looks comparison.
    • I can't play my games well enough on a controller that doesn't let my left and right hands touch each other while I use my two fingers to play the game.
    • I feel way too happy with my current system. No design flaws. No system software, SD card software or Nintendo DS/3DS card software problems besides an occasional crash while I look at photos of my friends.
    [​IMG]
    • It looks a bit too close to a DSi XL. I'm not a big fan of the DSi XL, especially since it's like the 3DS XL. Just an extra large version of it's original system. No improvements.
    • Old DS games might be all pixelated and blurry. I don't mind this on a Nintendo 3DS, but the XL might cause problems.
    • Like the GBA Micro (GameBoy Micro) It could just be a thing for Nintendo to try and get more money before their console dies and they have to think of and make something new!
    • I just don't like wide screen's on a system that is designed to be portable. My current 3DS can fit in my pockets easily. An XL could break my pockets!
    • It just isn't a nice idea to me!
    I'm not trying to go against Nintendo here, but it's just that I think Nintendo really needs to do something better than XL consoles. In my opinion, Nintendo are a good company, but sometimes their products are just way too kiddie (rarely any games that someone like me will like!) and when they want their last $400 they either do a console so small, you feel bad playing it or one too big, you don't know what to do with it! Please don't criticize me. I just don't like the idea of XL consoles, it seems to be a thing for Nintendo at the moment.

2. lokomelo

Member lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
  3. Gnargle

Member Gnargle The day I set a profile picture is the day I die

United Kingdom
    Erm, OK?
    Not to be rude, but do we actually care? And that point about the GBA Micro is ridiculous, the 3DS is a year into its lifespan, the Micro was released right at the end of the GBA's life.

2 people like this.
  4. Shiro09

Member Shiro09 AAI2 Localisation Team

Australia
    FIRST OF ALL: this should be in blogs.
    And also, there are a few things wrong with this:
    "I feel way too happy with my current system. No design flaws. No system software, SD card software or Nintendo DS/3DS card software problems besides an occasional crash while I look at photos of my friends." There were actually quite a few design flaws such as touch screen scratching the top screen and the top screen wobbles.
    "It looks a bit too close to a DSi XL. I'm not a big fan of the DSi XL, especially since it's like the 3DS XL. Just an extra large version of it's original system. No improvements." The screen resolution had improved and also it comes with a 4gb sd card.
    "Old DS games might be all pixelated and blurry. I don't mind this on a Nintendo 3DS, but the XL might cause problems." Apparently DS games looked much better on the 3DS XL.
    Although I agree with you on many points, I don't think that saying that it isn't a very good idea is right. I myself am not getting a 3DS XL, but I do think it is much better than the normal 3DS. Although I respect your opinion.

5. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    I respect your opinion but...

This should be posted as a blog, my friend.

6. shoyrumaster11
    OP

Member shoyrumaster11 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    To those reading, I've reposed this onto the blogs now. Should be the first thing you see.