Gaming I Screwed Up Need Help Fixing This

SomberBurrito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I open my 3ds and it was asking to update my firmware. I did exactly that and BOOM! I get Arm11 crash. I do not have my previous files on my sd card for i have formatted it a long time ago for other use and everytime I plug in an sd card it black screens upon powering up. I can still access godmode9 but i need assistance fixing my 3ds. Please help. I do not have a backup of my files on my sd card. My sd card is completely wiped.

Attachments

• Sadness.jpg
    Sadness.jpg
    962 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by SomberBurrito,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I haven't used my 3ds in a very long time and i just booted it up. Everything was working fine and just so you know I had hacked my 3ds just to play pokemon. One day i was needing an SD card and I couldnt find one so i used the one from my 3ds. I formatted it without making a backup of all the files and continued on with my plans. Jump back to the present and I open my 3ds and it was asking to update my firmware. I did exactly that and BOOM! I get Arm11 crash. I do not have my previous files to update luma and everytime I plug in an sd card it black screens upon powering up. I can still access godmode9 but i need assistance fixing my 3ds. Please help
Aye. Is it the PM error message code? You need the 10.2.1 boot.firm from https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases . And also. Make sure the card is formatted FAT32 32kb clusters.

SomberBurrito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aye. Is it the PM error message code? You need the 10.2.1 boot.firm from ??? . And also. Make sure the card is formatted FAT32 32kb clusters.

I know I have to download the new luma and put it in the root of my sd card. I still get the black screen when there is a sd inserted. Without an sd card inserted I get the Arm11 error. To reiterate what i said before, my sd was completely formatted and I didnt make a backup of my previous files. My sd card is empty.

Update: I formatted it and just put boot.firm into the root of the sd card and now my 3ds flashes blue and turns off.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its the An exception occurred Arm11 crash message.

Attachments

• 20210702_231340.jpg
    20210702_231340.jpg
    962 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by SomberBurrito,

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regardless of any situation for anyone who reads this in the future, you should basically always update the CFW before updating the firmware. Because CFW generally has backwards compatibility, firmware updates dont.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM