GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to re-compile YAWND to run off of IOS16, so I need someone with one of these "new" wii's to PM me so we can work through this together. I'd prefer a PM at wadder.net, or getting on IRC, but here will do.

Lets work out whats really going on.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you test it at your own Wii? Sorry i ask, but when writing a patchmii clone that used IOS16, i had even problems to decrypt files. The ES functions for decryption didn't work, so i had to use the common key and aes commands manually. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other details not working.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
eh use my dumper to run off ios 16 you will get trouble to recompile yawnd like i did
wink.gif

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nicksasa I don't understand what you said
tongue.gif
. Do you mean I should recompile yours as it is easier than YAWND?

BTW, the ES_ functions DO work, as that is what WAD Manager uses.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
icefireicefire said:
tongue.gif

Well installation works yes, but at least ES decryption does not. WAD Manager just takes whatever is inside the .wad files and installs it, patchmii clones take that, decrypt it, patch it, and then encrypt it again.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
WiiPower said:
icefireicefire said:
tongue.gif

Well installation works yes, but at least ES decryption does not. WAD Manager just takes whatever is inside the .wad files and installs it, patchmii clones take that, decrypt it, patch it, and then encrypt it again.

might be something related to the encryption keys that are passed as paremeter ?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well i'm not an expert at this, i just had problems to use it. A changed index for the common key would explain the issues i had.

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had some troubles related to this too. My Wii is fully updated to 4.0, with cIOS Rev8 and cIOS USB2 v2 installed. I thought I had the correct cIOS USB2 installed to use WiiND until I read the Readme :/ Apparently IOS202 doesn't work right and IOS222 is needed. And since 4.0 is installed I can't seem to instale IOS222. Oh well, I tried to modify both YaWnD and WiiND to use IOS249 (I don't NEED the USB2 feature, can use SD). YaWnd refuses to compile, and WiiND's source appears to be from v1 of the program, and it creates the dump but extract just crashes with a stack dump. I was wondering if anyone got YaWnd to recompile, or if there was a more recent source for WiiND available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol